Coming Together

Hey guys! Sorry for the long wait. The action will be coming soon, I promise. If you would like to enter my contest go to my other story, My Artwork, to find out how to enter. Enjoy this chapter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few days had passed since their confession. Deathbringer had been even more clingy and for once Glory didn't mind it. Currently, she was listening to and answering questions and requests. Her request days were her least favorite. What Glory really needed was a break.

Finally the last dragon before Suntime entered.
After solving the problem, Glory let herself slouch on her throne. She hoped Deathbringer couldn't see how tired she was, if he did he would get all overprotective mother again. Deathbringer's always did it if he thought she wasn't getting enough rest. Although it was annoying, it was kinda cute too.

"My Queen, you should be getting more rest. It does the tribe no good to have an exhausted Queen." And there he goes again. Glory rolled her eyes at him. "I'm fine, Deathy."
"Deathy?" The dragon in question, asked. Confusion showing  in his silver eyes. "Yup, it's my new nickname for you. C'mon, let's go Deathy."

As confused as he was, he still followed his Queen. Deathbringer followed for several reasons. The main one being he loved her and would do anything for her. There were three things the assassin feared: lightning, scavengers, and anything bad happening to Glory. He would rather die before he let her be hurt.

With this reasoning he decided to mess around with Glory. I wonder what she'll do if I pretend to be an assassin and attack her. It'll be a test as to how well she can defend herself. Of course, Deathbringer knew the Rainwing would be extremely mad at him. But that is what you get when you're in love with Glory.
Glory had just passed over a wooden bridge when she noticed Deathbringer wasn't behind her. She turned around ready to call out to him, when she was tackled to the ground. Glory bared her fangs and hissed. Her attacker moved away from her 'magical death spit' and held her down while keeping her from using her venom.

She turned to look her attacker in the eyes and saw.... her bodyguard? The dragon in question chuckled at her confused face. He let her go and she shot off the ground into a defensive position. "What was that for, Deathy?"

"I was testing you." Glory looked even more confused. "For what?"

"To see if you could actually defend yourself from an assassin. You can't." He stated matter-of-factly. That's when Glory chose to lunge at him. Of course, Deathbringer is an assassin and is always ready for everything. They tussled in the ground for a while, till Deathy ended up on top holding Glory down. "Alright, alright I give up." Glory was panting. "Good, cause now I can do this." Glory was about to ask what he meant when he gave her a quick peck on the lips. The Queen's scales started turning a rosy pink.

"C'mon, you can catch the rest of Suntime if we hurry." Deathbringer urged her. Glory stood up in a daze. Deathy chuckled. He twined his tail with her's. As Glory couldn't be trusted to move on her own, Deathbringer guided her. They eventually reached the Suntime platform that was reserved for the Queen. By now Glory has somewhat regained her senses.

As she lay down for Suntime, she realized that her and Deathbringer had come a long way. In their times of need they had come together. Now they could only hope to stay that way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope you guys enjoyed that chapter. More action will be coming soon.