Stay Strong

Hey guys! I'm updating again already and it hasn't been a month yet, lol. I'm hoping to start getting into a schedule soon. Thanks for reading guys! Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another hit. Another bruise. It was the same. The IceWing would come in, hit him a few times, ask a question, when Deathbringer wouldn't reply it was another hit, then he left. Days had gone by, he doubted anyone was looking for him anymore. The assassin had given up all hope of ever going home. To the rainforest, to the village, to the sky, and back to Glory. He would always love her, just as he had told her that one fateful night. The night they had professed their love for each other. And now, he might never see her again.

The stars twinkled, every once in a while, one would shoot across the sky and back into oblivion. As Glory watched the stars, she couldn't help but think of Deathbringer's star-spangled wings. The more she thought about her bodyguard, she found herself humming the tune of a song. Her humming soon turned to soft singing. She was singing a song to Deathy, one he knew he could hear in his heart. As Glory sang, she told him to keep holding on and to stay strong. She knew they would be together once more. No matter how long it took, she would find him, and bring him home.

Something caused his ears to perk. His attention went to looking around the room. The harder he listened, the softer the sound. When he relaxed, the noise grew ever so slightly in volume. As he relaxed completely, he realized that it was a song. He didn't know how he could hear it, but it sounded like someone was telling him to stay strong. Deathbringer's fears vanished, and they were replaced with hope and joy. Assassin or not, Deathbringer knew he could survive, he realized that he had to. For the sake of Glory, he would hold on. Forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kind of short, I know. Sorry for the sorta long wait. Hope you enjoyed this little chapter! Have a great week!