Chapter 14: The Great Samurai's Spear

Takeda's POV:

I was just reading my book about the samurai's history because I saw a part about the Great Samurai. I started reading about it because I had nothing else to do. Everyone except Nightingale is still asleep. Then I saw the door open. It was Jo.

"Good morning, Jo. Do you need something?" I said to her.

"Good morning, I'm just bored" she answered.

"Not much to do as an early riser, huh?" I said to her.

"Yeah" she answered.

Then she saw my book and she asked "So, what are you reading?".

"I'm reading about a part that had heroes in them" I replied. "Well, you have your hero the Great Chop Chop Ninja, and us samurai have our own, the Great Samurai".

Then she went next to me and I felt my heart skip a beat. What was that?

Anyway, I set this in the back of my mind and Jo was looking into the book.

She started reading "The Great Samurai was the hero of the samurai. His last appearance was in the Samurai Academy and went off into the mountains".

"Yeah, apparently that happened a long time ago. 11-15 years ago" I told her.

She continued reading "His weapon of choice was 'The Spear of Truth'. Only a worthy and the next Great Samurai can wield it as well as the last Great Samurai".

Then, I thought about something. Master Oda said that I would be the next Great Samurai but I didn't believe him and I still doubt that I'm the next Great Samurai.

"Hey, didn't Master Oda say that you were the next Great Samurai?" Jo asked me.

"Yeah, he did but I didn't believe him" I replied.

Jo then suggested "Well, we should go find it".

"Why?" I asked her.

"Come on, it'll be fun! And we get to see if the story about the spear is true"

"Well, we could use an adventure rather than a mission. Okay, let's do it!"

"So, where is it said that it would be?"

I read the book again and I told Jo "It says it's hidden in the mountains".

"Alright! I'll get ready with the others" Jo said.

"Are you sure they're willing to do this?" I asked her.

"I'm sure they're in for this" she said. Then she went out of the door.

I looked at Nightingale and asked him "So, are you guys in?".

He just nodded and we started getting ready as soon as the others wake up.

(timeskip)

We were in the mountains to find the so-called 'Spear of Truth' of the Great Samurai. I just want to see if the legends are true. It was cold so we wore our winter clothes for this.

"Why do we need to look for the spear?" Dragon asked me.

"Look, everyone's calling me the next Great Samurai but I don't believe it. So, I want to look for this spear just because I want to see if it is real" I answered him.

Nightingale was just keeping warm with Crow, Songbird, Owl and Eagle with Nightingale's lightning in his crystal ball.

"How much farther is it going to be? We're going to have hypothermia finding it" Owl said.