Chapter 24: Strength In Weakness

Crow's POV:

I was walking around the academy because I don't have anything to do. I wanted to go outside because I'm bored. As I went outside, I saw Jo kneeling on Takeda's grave, crying. I can't blame her. We're very bummed out when Takeda died yesterday. Jo was the saddest out of all of us. I wanted to go to her to cheer her up. I went to her and she looked at me with her eyes, still tearing up.

"Hey... C-Crow" she said between tears.

"Still sad about Takeda?" I asked.

She nodded while wiping her tears.

"I... I never felt this miserable before. I... I loved him. You know that, right?" Jo told me.

"Yeah, I feel bad for you" I said.

Then she asked me "Had you ever lost anyone in your life before?".

I then answered "Before Takeda, no I haven't".

She then asked "Didn't you lose your family?".

I answered "I didn't lose them... they kicked me and big bro out of the clan".

"What?" Jo asked in disbelief.

"Yeah... we did something that our parents hated" I told her.

Then Jo asked "Can... you tell me what happened?".

"Okay" I said. "Soo, it went like this..."

(flashback)

Inside the treasury of the Arashi family, 10 year old Akira and 11 year old Fugiro were planning to steal some jewels to get for themselves.

"We should deserve this for all our hard work" Fugiro said as the two pocketed a bunch of jewels.

"C'mon big bro, that's enough" Akira said.

"Gotcha" Fugiro said as he finished pocketing the jewels. Then they heard the treasury doors open and they hid behind a mountain of gold coins.

"Hey, come on out! I know you're here!" a guard called out.

Then the two came out of hiding and pushed the guard into a pile of gold coins.

"Hey!" the guard called as the two were running out of the treasury.

They looked back and laughed at the guard. Then they bumped a guard and they fell down. The guard was looming over them and the two were nervous.

The guard took Fugiro's left hand and Akira's left hand and he brought them to their parents' room. The two were begging the guard not to bring them to their parents but the guard didn't listen. The guard opened the door and brought the two to their parents.

"What happened?" the two's father, Hideo, asked worriedly.

"Why did you bring them to us?" the two's mother, Saeda, added.

"These children of yours have been trespassing in the treasury, stealing jewels" the guard said sternly.

The parents were taken aback as they heard the news.

The guard then said "Good night Mr. and Mrs. Arashi" and left.

The parents were undeniably mad at their children.

"Hand over the jewels" Hideo said motioning the two to give the jewels.

"Why would you do such a thing?" Hideo asked.

Fugiro then answered "It's because you didn't pay us enough for our work!".

"I don't appreciate your tone, Fugiro" Hideo said.