Chapter 6: The Guest Of Honour

Takeda's POV:

We were at the princess' tower because of a royal banquet of sorts and me, some of the samurai, the ninjas and Master Enoki are the guests of honour. It's been a long time since I last been a guest of honour. I have been with Master Oda whenever he goes to an event and we were the guests of honour. Then there was the sound of trumpets playing and the doors of the tower opened. It was Princess Mariko.

"Hear ye, hear ye! The castle is now open for the Annual Rizon Royal Banquet" she announced.

Then some townspeople rushed into the tower in excitement.

I looked around and asked "Hey, where's Iro?".

I saw Iro just rushing to us waving his guest of honour invite while getting through the crowd. He's becoming proud of himself again. Iro then got to us with a smile on his face.

"You know we're all the guests of honour, right?" Neeko said.

Iro didn't even bother to listen.

"Yeah, it's not that big a deal" Jo said.

"Not that big a deal?" Iro said to Jo.

Iro then turned to me and said "Takeda, you've been the guest of honour many times before, right? Tell her that it's a huge deal".

"I don't know, I'm with Jo on this one. Being the guest of honour is not that different from everyone else. You just get to sit in a higher position and that's it" I replied.

"But this one is different" Iro said.

"I'll be- I mean, we'll be awarded the highest prize in the city, the Golden Key of Rizon. Golden" Iro said.

Then Dragon said "Right, so what if it is golden? Does it even do anything?".

Eagle then lightened up and asked "Can it open locks? Please tell me it can open locks".

I said to them "It's just an award".

Then Eagle said "Well, that blows".

Master Enoki then said "Jo is right, Iro. As a great beekeeper once said: A bumblebee may get the nectar, but the humble-bee has more friends".

Yeah, that sounds right.

Iro said "Got it" and left.

He didn't even bother to listen and understand the meaning of that passage. He then went to the top of the steps.

"And once we get the key, I'll make sure that every single person in Rizon knows how humble I am" he continued.

Then he cheered and rushed inside.

"Too bad that's never going to happen" I said.

"Agreed" Jo replied.

(timeskip)

We were inside the tower and the royal banquet is actually decent. I see that everyone is having a fun time. Crow is playing some games, while me and the others were eating or drinking. Neeko was eating a chicken leg, Tetsuo was eating a sandwich, Eagle was eating an apple, me and Jo were drinking punch. Dragon was just looking around while keeping a straight face. Iro was not having a good time. He was impatiently waiting for the award.

"What's taking so long? I want my golden key already" Iro said.

I was about to say 'Be patient' but Iro was kicked in the butt by a fish person with a huge boot. The ninjas told me his name is Fishman. Dragon and Eagle was just chuckling at his misfortune. Then we heard a glass tinking. It was Princess Mariko standing in a podium.