Chapter 23: Fighting For My Life

Takeda's POV:

I woke up again in the barren land. I saw Consul and Rachel next to me.

"Takeda, are you alright?" Rachel asked me.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I answered as I got up and dusted myself off.

I looked around and we saw that one or two trees are disappearing periodically. Disappearing, as though the trees were turning into dust.

"What happened to you out there?" Rachel asked me.

"He got severely wounded in battle" Consul told her.

She then looked at me concerned.

"What's going on here?" I asked Consul.

"Takeda, remember what I told you about this being the embodiment of your mind?" he asked me seriously.

"Yes" I answered.

"Well, I'm afraid... there's no point in coming back to the real world this time" he told me.

Me and Rachel were very perplexed.

"What? No! There has to be a way! There always is!" I said.

"Yeah! What about his friends in the real world? He can't just leave them!" Rachel added.

Consul just looked at us and said "I'm sorry, but there's no other way".

Then he slowly turned to dust.

He noticed it and he said "Takeda... follow the light".

Then Consul completely disappeared.

We were completely shocked at the scene. We didn't know what else to do.

"What do we do?" Rachel asked me.

"I guess we just... follow the light" I replied.

"Okay, but what light was he talking about?" she asked.

Then she gets her answer as a bright yellow light shined in our faces. We covered our eyes because it was sudden and bright.

"That... bright light" I said.

We then started to follow the bright light while covering our eyes so we don't go blind. I wonder what or where this light will take us.

Mika's POV:

I had a bandage on the wound on my left face. Their doctor was just trying his best to get Takeda up. I don't know anyone here so I was just sitting on one of the samurai's beds, sharpening my knife. As I almost finished, I saw someone walking towards me. It was the one with the guitar as his weapon.

"Hey" he greeted me.

"Uh... hi" I greeted back.

"Um... you're kinda on my bed" he told me.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't know it was your bed" I apologised.

He replied "Nah, don't worry about it. I just wanna get something real quick".

Then he reached in his pillow and he found a triangular plastic piece.

"There we go. I've been looking all over for this" he said as he pocketed it.

Then he put his right hand out to me.

"Fugiro, but they call me Songbird" he said.

I shook it and I replied "I'm Mika. If you like, then you can call me Aurora".

He said "I see a bright future in you, Mika".

I was stunned by what he said. 'Bright future'? What does he mean by that?.