Chp 10

Asta was taken to one of the many clover castles where he was meet with the king who sat on his thrown speaking to another mage until he and damnatio walked in which made a smirk being plastered on his face.

" well if it isn't the magic less twerp, good job damnatio! I want him placed in the cells below!" The king said as damnatio just bowed as the king walked to the pair whispering to asta " see you at the trial..." he smirked turning away as damnatio forcefully made asta turn around going outside of the throne room. standing in the hall way was a mage with two other magic knights as they took asta out of damnatio hands and escorted asta to the cells as damnatio watched.

When the group finally made it to the cells asta looked at many prisoners along the way down the dim hallway. they all had just given him smirks as they saw his robe that was still on him. They finally stopped at a large thick metal door as the one guiding opened the door with a key, he grabbed from his pocket, while the other two mages took off all the chain that asta had on except his muffler. the room was pitch black that had a old chair with chains on the floor and ceiling in the center and some burnt out torches along the walls, the first thought that came to asta was just how long had it been since they last used it. Every thing looked worn out from top to bottom and it amazed asta just how stable everything still was.

They forcefully sat asta in the seat chaining his feet to the chair then using the left over chains to chain him to the floor tugging on it just to be sure. Then they chained his wrist and arms to the chair then connected it to the ceiling where they also chained his chest in a cross pattern aswell. They then used some left over rope to tie his torso to the seat itself and soon after made jokes and teased asta and after a while left leaving him in the dark room alone as the closed the door shut.

Even tho Asta's body was losing circulation and feeling everywhere he didn't think about anything the whole time there, he was only thinking back on the kings words once in a while but mostly thought about the funny moments with his friends and his relationship with his "mate". Asta sat in boredom as his arm ached from being up tied to the chair tightly which is probably purple by now. As time past it felt like an hours for asta, as he was finally able to fall asleep for a little while until he was woken up by the sound of the door opening causing him to squint his eyes from the light seeping through the door as the guards walked to him unchaining him.

" is it time already...?" Asta asked as he was barely able to stand up as he leaned on the chair for support as he looked up at the two guards.

" your being released for now you lucky brat... your captain is outside the estate."

Asta just looked at them then started limping his way to the front door seeing that those hours of him waiting in the cell took his whole day away as he saw the dark skies through the window making him disappointed. Once he opened the doors the captain yami was below as stood looking at him while asta ran down the stairs that led to the front door.

" why am I let out ear-" already after a few seconds of talking yami sucker punched him in the face making him fall back while yami picked him up by the head.

" you really are a pain in the ass you know! I was helping you get out until you decided to give in!" Yami said in rage as asta held on to his head for dear life as he was dropped to the ground. " Julius had a talk with the king and damnatio and they didn't have enough evidence to take you in so you got lucky enough to only be put on patrol." asta just smiled as he got onto yami's broom leaving, along with yami of course, heading back to the base.

" hey asta, I forgot to tell you but your going to be part taking in the royal knights exam as part of you being on patrol. It's Julius's requirement." Yami said as asta just looked at him then at the night sky.

Asta, noelle, yami, Charlotte, sol,and yuno joined the official new captain mereoleona and her squad, crimson lions, for training on self work for their powers and spells. And it didn't take long before the royal exam was right around the corner after the training as everyone participating was getting anxious except for our idiot hero of course who thought otherwise.

Asta has been working on himself and his magic during the training to the point where he was only able to summon his regular black form a few times per day. Even tho he was still avoided by his comrades asta still lived with it, as he still found ways to be by noelle's side at all times.

Right now everyone was meeting up at a arena where the exams would start, everyone in the blackbulls went there separate ways as some were participating while others were their as support until asta and noelle where left with each other. but it wasn't long before they meet up with yuno, klaus, and mimosa. They all discussed about the training that had made klaus and mimosa confused while asta, who stood away from the group, was looking up at the clouded sky and examining the arena.

Strange... asta thought as he felt a weird presence within the arena but also farther away at the same time.

But it wasn't long before the wizard king spoke up and was soon interrupted by astas fellow companion zora who was being yelled at once getting off the balcony interrupting the wizard King's speech. Julius started ranting about how the exams will work as a list of groups were shown. Asta was paired up with zora and mimosa while noelle was paired with yuno and another knight from praying mantis named En ringard. Everyone was talking amongst themselves while asta had only looked around eyeing everyone in the midst. But he snapped out of it once the we're moving to another arena where the exams actually were taking place, he ignored everyone else's battle as it began and ended until his and noelle's. It was like that the whole time, he'd be quiet and examine each battle and congratulate both winners and losers then work with his team during their battles. The only time asta ever showed any other emotion was when he was with or watching noelle either cheering her on if complimenting her which of course caused him to be blasted away, slapped, or yelled at for his idiotic behavior and the effects from the curse, but it was sometimes hard to tell.

It wasn't long before fineral would go up against his brother langris that made all the black bulls uneasy. The battle was intense to the point were it ended up being a sibling vs sibling battle. As they went up against each other asta felt a new but similar kind of KI within the area that he had felt a while ago, but stronger. This caught his attention as he faced a dark opening of a hall way located behind all of the mages that had attracted him. He was about to leave to discover this new KI until he heard yelling and gasps which made him turn around seeing the heart breaking sight of his comrade torn up and his body full of hole from the attack of his little brother who was in rage.

Asta stood there as anger was about to erupt until langris hand his hand up ready for another attack more powerful then the other one. Asta was holding back Until something clicked in asta's mind as he started falling unconscious just like last time last hearing his comrades questioning him.

Other POV
I was at the arena where licht had sent me. I got bored most the time but still did my part in this whole side operation. From the moment I snuck into the exam the kid had already sensed my presence but I was able to hold it out without him finding out until I did my part. Thanks to the battle I had no need of me driving him out using the old book licht gave me so it made my job way easier. soon after casting that spell I sat And watched as the show was soon about to start while I contacted licht.

" licht this is Rhya, I already checked out the kings plans for you."

" thank you, and what about the boy?"

"so far your plan is starting to come along nicely. I'll just have to wait and see before I make the call."