18 - Breaking Bad Part 2

Immobilize him. I thought to myself. This spoiled, selfish, and hot-tempered earl was making it hard for me. My mission was delayed and the reason was my target himself. Just how long would he keep on resisting me and my help? When would I be able to say "Mission Complete" when Chris was always repelling me?

Chris did not have any idea at all...what was coming to him...and to his life.

I was going to immobilize him using the dagger I used with the butler, but I was stopped when a battleship arrived. I looked up. Bad timing. The green soldiers shouldn't see me, so I ran to hide immediately. I found a ruined wall so I stood there far away from the ship's peripheral vision. I clenched my teeth when a soldier offered a ride for them. It was not a good idea!

"Who sent you here?" Chris asked. I could hear them from where I stood.

"The President, Earl Query. You're not safe alone." The green soldier replied who just got out from the ship.

"I'm not alone. And we're on the way to England, as a matter of fact."

What a mad man! Why does he always insist on going to that wasted land?! Enough of this nonsense. I needed to take action. If the earl would go to that ship, he'd be dead. All of them. So I raised my arm and transformed it into a deadly weapon. I prepared the transformed canon destroyer and took a perfect aim towards the battleship. I had the best spot. There was no way I would let Chris go into that ship! It's either Chris die or the soldiers. I'll aim for the latter of course.

I shifted my position in aim to explode the battleship. I was about to release my fire when a missile suddenly flown towards my target, and it was't mine.

"Get down!" The butler shouted at them. He was quicker too when it comes to danger, no wonder he was the butler of Chris. The battleship was not really close from their point but he was still cautious.

The missile was unstoppable. And even if I could stop it, I would not do it. I was planning to destroy the ships anyway. Now the missile was coming to hit the frontline ship. And it was hit. The battleship lost its balance and it crashed to the smaller ship next to it (there were two battleships in all). The clash caused bigger damage and the two ships were wasted away to the ground. As the collided ships hit the ground, they were quickly devoured by a great fire and the soldiers in it were also dead.

Well. Less work.

I pulled back my canon destroyer just in time that Charlie noticed my far away presence. He looked at me in horror because he saw my canon destroyer. Oyah. He must have thought that I fired the missile! But the nerve I care. I gave him a cold look in return.

"What was that?!" Chris pulled his hair out, horror struck his eyes.

"Did the cyborgs do that or what?" The noisy woman asked in a shaking voice.

"My men!” The green soldier grieved as he knelt to the ground, tormented by the sight of the burning battleships. I saw the blind woman making her way to search the soldier's back, then she sat next to him, as if comforting him. What a soft-hearted woman.

"We need to run now, my lord!” Charlie said but he never averted his eyes from me. I was waiting for him to tell Chris what he saw. But he didn't. What was he planing to do now?

"So we're not walking anymore because you'll have me run?” The earl complained. “I am forced to wear commoner clothes, walked a great distance, witnessed a fallen ship, and then what—just to run away? This is too much for me to take!”

"We're obviously under attack. What else do you expect? To relax and have a tea break? You're not in England.” The noisy woman interrupted. She really had the guts.

"Will you please shut your mouth, young lady?” Chris yelled.

"I have mouth so I can speak what I want. You don't order me when to stop talking, Christendom Query.”

"Excuse me, what did you say?” I saw Chris stepping closer to her, uncontrolled anger was flowing on his face.

"Christendom.” She mocked. “I said Christendom Query.”

"It's Lord Query for you—”

"My lord! Hold it now—will you please calm down?” Charlie interrupted, trying to grab his master's arm but he was pushed away.

"Shut up, Charlie! You don't talk to me like that.”

"And you don't talk to people like that just because you're an Earl of England!” The woman yelled.

“I AM Earl of England and I get what I want, so don't you dare talk to me like that, you vicious woman.”

“You selfish, prideful noble jerk!”

“Vasanti stop that!” Charlie warned.

“You know what, YOU stop being his slave!” She replied angrily. “We're not in the 16th century!”

“He's not my slave!”

“I'm not his slave!”

“You both are sick people!”

Oyah. I smirked. They were fighthing. What a twist. It might sound inappropriate but, I was enjoying the sight of them.

“Everyone stop it now.” The blind woman butted in and I sighed. She ruined the fun part. Soft-hearted. What a weak woman, I could not endure the likes of her. Women!

The three of them stopped yelling at each other. They all looked at the blind woman. She said, “People died. Nanski is sick. And this soldier here just lost his comrades. Why are you fighting like this? Earl or not, slave or not, does status really matter when war is happening?”

No one answered.

“Please be at peace.” She said instead. Even though she was blind, she assisted the soldier to stand up. “If it's pleasing to all of you, let's stay the night here. Everyone's tired and exhausted. We need rest to cool down.”

“That matter depends upon my young master.”

“Let's rest.” I heard Chris before he walked away to find a seat.

“Look at that.” The noisy woman muttered. “He was suddenly an obedient puppy.”

Just then, Charlie looked back towards my direction.

And we battled in stares.