6 - Zion's Mission Part 2

Acknowledgement to my readers: Blessie, Jowee and MidnightTabitha! Oh, if you haven't read Warfare Genesis yet, written by Jowee, you must, ZION was there in the latest chapter! Haha. -Neen

_____________

“Chris mustn’t go back.” I said. 

“You're joking, aren't you?” Was he said, and I could only irk my brow. 

Most of the humans I’ve met, especially in the Headquarters, would believe everything I say, never had I encountered such men like Chris and his companion who would doubt my information. Cenyths, in fact, would rather believe in machines than believing their own kind. It must be a sad truth in my case that I had to associate myself with such distrustful people.

“I don’t have to explain my mission to you, but if you want to survive let me do my business.” I said as I came closer to him, while doing so I reverted my machine gun back to a normal arm. He walked a step backward, and my unconscious target was still on his arms. 

“My master is not your business.” He said. “If you say it like that, then speak to me the name of my master’s enemy, only then we will go with you.”

“Oh?" I muttered. “I’m not a business man you can negotiate with. Have you heard the saying, ‘Don’t mess with police mahines?’”  I geared up my arm into gear 1, a long and sharp sword made of the finest steel came into view, and I was about to weild it against him but he was quicker than I thought him to be. Before I could even slash him into pieces, he fired an anti-AI gun right through my chest. I was immediately pushed back. But before I dropped myself off the windows I had used my sword to balance myself by stabbing it on the floor. The shrill piercing sound echoed the whole room.

I checked my chest and the bullet almost went through, and there was flickering of lights surrounding the hit. No good. If he would fire at me another anti-AI bullet I might then shut down. If there was one thing I didn’t like about machines, it’s the anti-AI weapons. Even in facing wars, it’s the only weapon that could shut us all, and the only way to escape it was to dodge it faster than the opponent. Unfortunately, my opponent now wasn't an ordinary man. He was quicker than a normal human.

“Don’t mess with a butler.” He stoically said despite his mortal wounds, which he got from the previous AI. “You're just a machine.”

I hated this guy. Although hating here was not a humane emotion. You could say it's a program.

I looked at the man. He would be my problem in achieving my mission. Whatever was hindrance to my goal, I was bound not to like it. 

“Another shoot will shut me. Go on. Shut me down.” I told him as I stood up. We glared at each other for some seconds, then I chuckled. “Oh? I see. You can’t shut me down. You’ve got one bullet now,” I said, scanning the skeleton of his gun. “To use it against me is wise, but partnering with me is wiser. Machines out there...outnumber your single bullet. You’re smart.”

We both heard some explosions outside the room. 

I smirked as I ran fast to him, he might not even notice it, then I grabbed his arm, saying, “Hold him tight for me!” 

I changed my sword into gear 5, an upgraded version of machine gun, then I flew away to the windows as I fired explosives toward the door—just in time where pack of machines came into view. I pulled him with my free hand, and Chris was on his arms, then we both witnessed the room’s explosion together with the machines. 

I dropped them on the flat surface of the ship I just got, then I proceeded to the pilot area. I heard him shout at me, “What are they? They look different from normal machines.”