Chapter 19

Happy Birthday
—————

It's been a month since Jellal joined Fairy Tail. The guild had gone back to their normal.

Today is Lucy's birthday. She woke up and noticed she had the bed to herself. She was surprised since Natsu always snuck in. She was a little sad that she didn't have his warmth to wake up to.

"Don't tell me he forgot it was my birthday," Lucy thought. She knew Natsu probably did. She rolled out of bed and summoned Plue to keep her company. She walked over to her desk and noticed a piece of paper on it. She glanced down and read it.

Meet me at the cherry blossom tree in the park.
-Natsu

Lucy read the note and a smile crept onto her face.

"Maybe he actually didn't!" She thought. A rush of excitement went through her and she quickly changed. She walked out of her apartment with Plue and headed to the infamous tree that Natsu uprooted when she had a cold.

She neared the park and saw the beautiful trees. Standing under one was a wizard with hair that matched the blossoms. Lucy walked up to him and he turned to her with a smile.

"Heya Luce! Happy birthday!" His toothy grin made Lucy so happy.

"Thanks Natsu! I'm happy you didn't forget my birthday!" Lucy laughed.

"How could I? I'd never forget such an important day. Here's your present, Luce." Natsu held out a small box wrapped with a ribbon. Lucy blushed and took it from his palm.

She undid the ribbon and slowly opened the box. She gasped at the present. Inside the box was a gold bracelet with a flame charm. The charm was outlined with gold that matched the beautiful chain of the bracelet.

"The fire is my way of telling you that I'll always be there for you!" Natsu explained with his toothy grin. He took it back from her so he could put it on her wrist.

Lucy looked back up at him. Tears formed at the corner of her eyes and fell onto her cheek. She jumped Natsu and gave him a hug. Her tears fell onto his shoulder as she cried tears of joy. Natsu was shocked by her reaction, but wrapped his arms around her and smiled into the embrace.

"T-Thank you so much Natsu!" Lucy spoke through sobs.

"Of course! I love you, Lucy." Natsu confessed with a small blush on his cheeks. Lucy tightened her grip on Natsu.

"I love you too, baka." She replied. Her tears finally stopped. She pulled away from the hug and looked into his onyx eyes. They were mere inches apart. Natsu smiled at her and she smiled back. She closed the distance between them and kissed his lips.

The kiss was passionate and meaningful. Lucy wrapped her arms around her neck and Natsu wrapped his around her waist. Lucy pulled him closer to deepen the kiss.

"Pun pun!" Plue excitedly spoke, watching the cute couple. Lucy pulled away and chuckled at her celestial spirit.

"Sorry Plue I forgot you were there!" She laughed.

"Pun pun!" He replied.

"Thanks for your help, Plue! You were right about the bracelet!" Natsu thanked.

"Aww Plue you helped him? You guys are so sweet! But how do you understand what Plue is saying?" Lucy questioned. Natsu just laughed.

"I don't know. But there's a party waiting for you at the guild! Let's go!" Natsu quickly grabbed Lucy's wrist and ran to the guild, dragging her along. Plue followed behind, wobbling like a cutie.

They got to the guild and walked in.

"Happy Birthday Lucy!" The guild cheered. Everyone had booze readied in their grasp. Lucy stared in awe.

"Oh man I'm gonna cry again," She muttered. Natsu led her further into the guild and the party officially started.

Everyone came up to her to personally wish her happy birthday. Levy and Gajeel got her a book she really wanted. Gray got her a framed picture of Team Natsu smiling together. Wendy got her a fluffy blanket. Happy got her a load of fish, which Lucy accepted with a smile.

Lucy was overwhelmed by the gifts and love her family gave her. Erza and Mira made a giant strawberry cake with 'happy birthday' written on it. One lit candle sat at the top of the cake.

"Make a wish!" Mira cheered.

Lucy smiled and closed her eyes. She blew out the candle and everyone cheered loudly.

"So what did you wish for?" Juvia asked.

"I didn't wish for anything. I already have everything I've ever wanted. Thank you guys. I love you all so much," Lucy spoke.

Everyone smiled at her. Natsu pulled her into a warm hug and placed his head on her shoulder. Lucy gladly accepted the embrace. Mira was quietly fangirling from behind the bar.

Everyone partied on for the rest of the day. Lucy made sure not to have too much fun since she didn't want to embarrass herself on her birthday. The sun had long disappeared when Lucy decided to head home.

She quickly thanked everyone one final time before walking home. Natsu followed her and took her hand in his. Lucy smiled and wrapped herself around his arm. They got to her place and walked in.

"I have one more present for you," Natsu told her. Lucy looked at him with a puzzled expression.

"This," He said before capturing her lips in a passionate kiss. Lucy kissed him back, loving every second of it. Natsu's tongue slid across her lower lip, asking for permission to deepen the kiss. Lucy happily obliged.

They continued until they had to pull away for air. They panted and pressed their foreheads against each other's.

"Best. Birthday. Ever." Lucy spoke through breaths. Natsu laughed and claimed her lips once more.

Thank you guys for all the reads and votes! It means the world to me! Tell me guys how you feel about the story, and feel free to leave me suggestions and feedback! It's greatly appreciated. I love you! <3