Chapter 17

Fire and Ice
—————

It's been a week since Fairy Tail came back from vacation, and Jellal was fitting in nicely with the rowdy guild. He moved out of the boys dormitory and moved into an apartment near the guild. Erza happily helped him move.

Afterwards, Jellal and Erza went on a mission together. Since Erza was gone, Natsu and Gray were having their normal fight in the guild. Juvia, Lucy, and Kinana were chatting at the bar.

"So how have you and Gray been, Juvia?" Kinana asked.

"Juvia and Gray-Sama are wonderful! Gray let's Juvia touch him without pushing her away!" She had hearts in her eyes as she spoke about her Gray-Sama.

Lucy and Kinana giggled at how love struck she was. "How about you, Kinana?" Lucy asked.

"Well Erik and I have a date later tonight! He said he's taking me to see some fireworks in Crocus!" Lucy smiled at the two.

"What about you, Lucy? How is Natsu?" Juvia snapped out of her daydream and asked. Lucy slightly blushed at the question.

"We're good. Nothing's really changed other than the fact that we're dating now." She smiled to the girls. Just as Lucy finished talking, Mira walked over to them.

"It makes me so happy to hear all of you guys and doing great! Nalu, Gruvia, Cobrana, and especially Jerza! Oh, I forgot to mention. Nice job getting Jellal to come to Fairy Tail, Lucy!" Mira grinned. Lucy smiled and nodded.

Natsu and Gray kept fighting until Master made them split up, since they were about to destroy the guild. Gray and Natsu walked over to the bar where the girls sat.

"Hey Juvia. Wanna go hangout?" Gray asked.

"Of course, Gray-Sama! Gray-Sama should probably get dressed first, however." Juvia said blushing. Gray looked down and realized he was only in boxers.

"Crap! When did that happen?" He frantically looked around for his clothes. He found them, put them back on, and walked back over to Juvia. She quickly grabbed onto him and they walked out of the guild.

Natsu sat in a stool next to Lucy. "Oi Luce! How about we go on a mission together? Happy is out with Carla and Wendy so it'd just be us, but there's nothing we can't handle!" He offered.

"Sure! Go and pick one!" Lucy grinned. Natsu nodded and walked over to the request board. He glanced at the papers before pulling one off the wall and walking back over.

"How about this?" Natsu asked. Lucy looked down at the paper.

"We just gotta defeat some monsters right outside Magnolia? Sounds good to me! Just don't burn everything to a crisp, please?" Lucy pleaded as she handed Mira the flyer.

"No promises!" Natsu grabbed the flyer and Lucy's hand, and ran out of the guild.

"Oh they will make very cute babies," Mira chirped.

"Speaking of babies... I'm pregnant," Kinana folded Mira. Mira's eyes lit up and she covered her mouth with her hands. She jumped up and down and squealed. The guild turned to look at the commotion.

"Don't tell anyone! I want to keep it a secret from the guild for now!" Kinana whisper-yelled. Mira calmed down and nodded.

"Sorry I lost control of myself for a second there. I'm just so happy for you!" The two continued talking behind the bar.

Meanwhile, Gray was walking with Juvia through the forest.

"Where are you taking Juvia, Gray-Sama?" Juvia asked as she looked up to Gray.

"You'll find out in just a moment." Gray looked down at her and smiled. She turned her attention back to the front where she saw a secluded pond.

"Here we are! Just give me a second..." Gray held out his hand and froze the pond.

"Have you skated before?" He asked Juvia. She shook her head no.

"Then I'll teach you."

He made blades for them out of ice and they walked onto the frozen pond. Juvia held onto to Gray until she got used to the ice.

"Here let's try," Gray grabbed her hands and skated backwards, facing Juvia. She slowly dragged her feet across the ice until she got the hang of it. She smiled and laughed with Gray.

"Juvia is going to try without holding onto Gray," She spoke. Gray nodded and let go of her hands.

She started to slowly skate forward. She looked down at her feet and smiled. She tried to speed up a little bit, but lost control and fell backwards. Gray tried to catch her but ended up tripping. Juvia landed on her back, and Gray landed on his hands and knees, leaning over Juvia. There faces were only inches away from each other.

"Are you okay?" Gray asked.

"Juvia is fine. Juvia is really enjoying herself!" She giggled and Gray smiled.

"I'm glad." Gray replied. He leaned down and met his lips with Juvia's. They shared a soft, quick kiss. Gray stood and helped Juvia up off the ground. They continued to enjoy their time together skating, talking, and laughing.

Lucy and Natsu had just arrived at the cottage of the person requesting the job. They quickly spoke and started towards the area the monsters were last seen.

"It's been a long time since we've gone on a quest by ourselves, hasn't it?" Lucy asked the pink-haired wizard.

"Hai! I like when it's just me and you! No Ice Stripper or scary Erza!" He shined his toothy grin. Lucy couldn't help but smile at his cute grin. It always gave her butterflies when she saw it.

They continued walking until they heard a rustle in the distance. They stopped and turned towards the noise.