Chapter 4

The Announcement
—————

Everyone turned their attention to Mira. Natsu and Gray groaned and held their heads, but looked up to the stage.

"In honor of Natsu and the others' safe return, we will be going to the beach!"

The guild cheered with joy at the exciting news. Lucy looked at Mira with excitement. Natsu and Gray smirked to each other before glancing back up at Mira.

"But since they are so many of us, we are going to have to be bunked! So there will be two to a room! Here are the partners..." Mira grabbed a piece of paper from her pocket and started to read from it.

"Gajeel and Levy, Gray and Juvia," Hearing his partner Gray internally screamed with joy, but simply smiled on the outside. Juvia ran to him and hugged him.

"Wendy and Romeo, Wakaba and Macao, Elfman and Evergreen, Erza and Kinana, Natsu and Lucy, Cana and Lisanna, Max and Warren, Freed and Bickslow," Mira continued to read off the list.

Lucy and Natsu looked at Mira with shocked expressions. Why did she put them together? The two partners glanced at each other before looking away, a hint of pink on both of their cheeks. They were both secretly happy but couldn't express their joy.

"Bisca and Alzack with Asuka, and that just leaves me since we have an odd number of peop-" Before she could finish, the guild doors opened. There stood one of the strongest Fairy Tail members: Laxus. He walked forward towards Mira.

"You missed someone," He smiles and looked at Mira.

"Oh hey Laxus! I didn't know you'd be here! Well in that case you and I will have to share a room," She spoke with a subtle blush on her cheeks.

"Fine by me. Now when are we gonna go?" He asked, clearly excited for the well deserved vacation.

"Well everyone should come packed with a weeks worth of stuff tomorrow. We will be leaving for the beach at 12:30, and will probably arrive around 3. Everyone should be at the guild before 12 so we can go to the train station together."

The guild cheered as Mira walked off the stage. It took a couple of minutes for the guild to calm down and continue what they were doing. Lots of guild members were talking with their partners for the vacation. Natsu finally stood up and decided to talk to Lucy about the vacation.

He walked over to the bar, where Lucy was sipping on her milkshake and chatting with Mira. Natsu sat at a stool next to Lucy and joined their conversation.

"Hey guys," Natsu smiled to the girls. Lucy smiles back and Mira smirked mischievously.

"So... are you guys excited to be roomies for the trip?" Mira was extremely excited to see one of her ships being together for a week.

"I guess. But why did you make us roommates?" Lucy asked.

  "Well somehow two years passed and Nalu isn't official yet, so I'm gonna have to step in and help my ship sail," She smiled at the two, who looked at each other. Lucy cheeks were as red as Erza's hair, and Natsu had a very slight blush.

Before the silence could get awkward, Happy flew over and plopped onto Natsu's head.

"I can't believe that Carla is gonna be my roomie. Thanks Mira! I owe you!" Happy was ecstatic. Mira simply winked at Happy and continued doing some dishes.

"Welp I'm gonna get ahead of schedule and pack. See ya later minna!" Lucy smiled and hopped off the bar stool. She left the guild and headed home to pack.

Natsu watched her leave and turned back around to face Mira.

"You know she likes you back, right? Make the move on the trip. If you need any help let me know," Mira smiled at the blushing dragon slayer.

"Is it that obvious I love her? Does everybody know how I feel except Lucy?" Natsu was deep in thought wondering what's going to happen on the trip.

Back at Lucy's place, Lucy whipped out her suitcase and opened her closet and dresser. She pulled out her favorite white bikini with pink flowers. She grabbed another bikini just in case. She packed outfits for each day, and brought plenty of underwear and bras. She packed some other miscellaneous things before calling it a day.

She set her suitcase down next to her door and headed back out to the guild to get some lunch. As she walked to the guild, she walked along the side of the road, careful not to lose her balance and fall into the water.

When she arrived back at the guild, she sat back down in her usual seat. This time Kinana was behind the bar.

"Welcome back Lucy! Can I get you something?" She said. Lucy smiled at the purple haired wizard.

"Hey! Can I get my usual sandwich?" Kinana nodded and started making it. While Lucy waited, her best friend sat next to her.

"Hey Lu-Chan! How excited are you for the trip?" Levy could barely sit still.

"I'm very excited! Not as excited as you though," Lucy joked.

"I just love the beach so much! I love reading in the sea breeze, with my feet in the sand and my skin getting kissed by the sun," Levy was in her own world as she daydreamed about the vacation.

Lucy laughed and patted her on the back. Kinana placed Lucy's sandwich down and smiled before turning to help someone else. Lucy said thanks before digging in to her delicious sandwich.

Levy chatted with Lucy for the majority of the day until she decided to head back home with Gajeel and Lily. Lucy went home shortly after.

When she went home she immediately changed into pajamas and went to bed. But, her thoughts wouldn't let her sleep. She was too excited for the trip tomorrow. She tossed and turned for an hour until she finally managed to sleep.