Chapter 18: She said what?!

Chapter 18

“She said all that while I was in the bathroom?” Jules asked shaking her head in disbelief.

Kaitlyn nodded, as they stood in the teachers lounge in between classes.

“Had I know, I’d read her her rights. Why didn’t you say something boo?”

“I didn’t want to start a scene. If I started a scene, then it would make Chase and I a big deal ... Which we’re not."

“You two aren’t?” Jules asked quizzically. “You said you had a good time last night.”

“But that whole thing at the cafe ... Maybe we can’t work. My parents were teachers. I’m a teacher. This is messy.”

“ Talk to Chase. Don’t let anyone make you question things if you really like the guy.  Maybe she thought she had a chance, and he needs to set her straight.”

“Perhaps,” Kaitlyn said, still unsure.

“I don’t see nothing wrong ...” Jules snapped her fingers, dancing in place, “With a little bump and grind,” She sung, and burst out laughing, playfully shoving Kaitlyn.

“ Really? You’re singing R-Kelly to me? Is everything a song for you?” Kaitlyn asked, as they both laughed, and walk out of the lounge as the bell rung.

Text Message- Last Night was Wonderful- Chase

It was. Something I need to tell you. Jana. Waitress. Last night. Mad

Kaitlyn.

Why? Chase

Maybe she likes you? Coffee this morning. Thinks maybe we dated when you were a student. Kaitlyn

But we didn’t. Chase.

Of course not. Small town. Don’t want to ruin our reputations. Kaitlyn

No biggie. I’ll handle it. Don’t worry. Please? Chase

I won’t. Kaitlyn

Can I take you out next week? Client’s dinner. Chase

Yes. : ) Kaitlyn

:) Chase