Chapter 7: "Girl, what he look like?"

Chapter 7:

“How old is he again? Jules asked sniffing the flowers on Kaitlyn’s desk.

“I guess he would be...” Kaitlyn counted  in her head. “Twenty three since he was the class of 2007.”

“And what he look like?”

“Doesn’t matter. He’s my student.”

Was your student.”

“Same difference. My parents, if alive,  would never approve of me flirting with the idea of a student. It’s crossing boundaries.”

“What boundaries? I mean, it’s not as if he’s jail bait.”

“Yea, but how weird is that, that I taught a minor at one point, and now dating him. Everyone in town would find that...I don’t know... Disturbing. Hell, I would find it disturbing knowing one of my peers started dating their student once they hit eighteen.”

“I see your point,” Jules said reflectively. “But what does he look like, more importantly.”

“Jules, quit!”

“Oh, come on girl, just between us.”

“Well, he has the most beautiful green eyes I’ve ever seen. So clear, and...Kaitlyn contemplated going further, while Jules sat wide eyed on the edge of her desk, waiting to hear more. “Sandy blond hair. It’s wavy. He’s tall, about 6”2” ish. I’ll say this. David Beckham has nothing on him.”

“Well, you stronger than me,” Jules said grinning, licking her lips. “Cause I would have jumped all on that...If I didn’t have my Kev...Who I love very much,” she added for good measure.

“Yes, I am stronger,” Kaitlyn said smacking Jules wrist playfully. “I keep boundaries, and love my students. They trust me, and I would never want to lose that trust...With them, or their parents.”

“In all seriousness Kaitlyn, I agree. Even if I was single, I could never date an ex student.  It’s creepy.”

“Let’s go,” Kaitlyn said, grabbing her keys and the flowers from her desk. “You running tonight?”

“Date night with the hubby,” Jules said walking out the door.

Great. Now she couldn’t  occupy herself with Jules on the run, and knew Chase would show up. It would be awkward. Jules wasn’t much of a running partner. Or athletic. Although Kaitlyn ran with her group 5 times a week, Jules ran with her maybe once every three weeks if she was lucky. An improvement from Jules, who never ran a day in her life until Kaitlyn convinced her to run that summer. That was okay with Kaitlyn though.  She had so much fun with Jules, with their girl talk, and just hanging out. Plus, Kaitlyn was competitive when she ran, always checking her time, and sometimes, Jules slowed her down.  But today of all days, she wanted Jules there to slow her down and occupy her.  No big deal Kaitlyn.  Students crush on their teachers sometimes. Just set him straight, Kaitlyn thought.

Your comments are welcomed : )