Chapter 12: Shhh! Let's keep this on the down-low!

Chapter 12

“That was him?” Jules exclaimed in the teachers lounge during their lunch break.

“Um huh,” Kaitlyn said, biting into her sandwich, “And he’s taking me out tonight.”

“Girl!” Jules shouted, then cupping her mouth. “I didn’t even get a good look at him. It was so dark in there.”

“It was a concert Jules.”

“And loud, with all those instruments blaring, and that man shouting on the mike.”

“That man shouting was ‘Allen Smart’ and one of the most popular singers.”

“But why he got to shout though?” Jules asked, not waiting for an answer. “So, where are you two lovebirds going?

“Just dinner or something, no big deal...I slipped with a little kiss,” Kaitlyn tried to say as if no big deal.

“Whaaaat?! Can the boy kiss?”

“Can you keep it down,” Kaitlyn said, flicking her hands towards the other teachers in the lounge. “I don't want everyone to know,” Kaitlyn said, now lowering her voice, and blushing. “This date will appease him, nothing more.

“Kaitlyn, when are you going to date? You are beautiful, and a good catch.”

“Teaching and running takes up my life. I don't have options here. Everyone around here got married at 18, 19 years old. Chip is after me. I don’t consider him a catch.”

“You have a chance with Chase. Go for it.”

“Chase was my student, and my parents taught me to keep personal, and school life separate.  You know how this town can be with gossip. Chip buys me God awful flowers, and students still question if he’s my boyfriend.”

“Well, if you doing a one time date deal, make it worthwhile,” Jules winked.

“Jules, please, do me a favor,” Kaitlyn said with seriousness.

“What?” Jules asked, now concerned.

“Don’t tell Kevin.”

If you enjoyed Chapter 12, please vote, and let me know in the comments below! Having so much fun with Kaitlyn and Chase

:)

Oona