Chapter 20: Kaitlyn - Sex talk with a minor?

Chapter 20

All day at school, Kaitlyn felt strange how people were behaving towards her.  The boys in school were saying hi, and smiling with lingering looks that Kaitlyn found to be uncomfortable.  In between classes in the teachers lounge, teachers would stop their conversation when she walked in - making her feel she was talked about. Even Chip made some weird comment to her at lunch saying he accepted that Kaitlyn would never date him, and then shrugging and saying he was probably too old, before smirking, and walking out.  When Kaitlyn asked Jules if she heard anything or knew what was going on, Jules just shrugged, and didn’t know.  

When the principal peaked his head in her classroom after the bell rang to end school, she felt a queasy feeling in her stomach, like something was wrong.

When Kaitlyn walked into the principals office, and recognized the woman who was standing in Timmy’s front yard the day before, her heart dropped.

“What’s going on?” Kaitlyn asked

“Please sit,” The principal suggested to Kaitlyn, and the woman.

“I’m fine,” Kaitlyn said, preferring to stand, and find out what was wrong.  The woman looked stoned faced at Kaitlyn, with thin pursed lips. Accusatory.

“Did you give Timmy Watson a ride home yesterday?” the principal asked

“Yes. He had missed his bus.”

“That’s a lie. He doesn’t ride the bus,” the woman said glaring at Kaitlyn.

“That’s what he told me,” Kaitlyn said feeling attacked, and looking to the principal for understanding.

“He said you offered to take him home,” The woman countered, argumentative.

“One moment ladies,” the principal said, holding out a hand to cut any tension -control the situation. “This is Timmy’s mother Kaitlyn, and their is concern that something might have happened when you two spent alone time in your car after work.”

“Wait a minute!” Kaitlyn said, now realizing where the conversation was going. “I was leaving for the day. This boy came to me saying he needed a ride. I gave him one to help me out.”

“Thats funny, because he’s picked up by his cousin Jana everyday. She works across the street at the cafe,” the woman said still accusatory. “When she couldn’t find him, and learned from a text that he was with you...”

“Jana? The waitress across the street is Timmy’s cousin?” Kaitlyn said more to herself, but still aloud.

“Yes,” the mother said stiffly, “And with your reputation Ms. Smith-”

“Excuse me ma’ma? Nothing happened if thats what you’re trying to imply, and my reputation is excellent, I have you know.”

“It took you over an hour to drive him home, when he was a 10 min ride?” The woman asked with a raised voice. What were you two doing all that time?”

Kaitlyn couldn’t even answer - her mouth opened in shock from the false implication. 

“We will get back to you Mrs. Watson. Promise.” The principal said leading the woman towards the door. 

“I hope so,” the woman said looking back at Kaitlyn.

“Did Timmy accuse me of something?” Kaitlyn was finally able to ask.

“Their was sexual talk between you two,” and you should be fired for it.” the woman said.

“I did no such thing,” Kaitlyn said excitedly.

“We’ll investigate,” the principal said, now pushing the woman out the door, talking to her briefly outside the office before coming back in.

“Excuse my french, but what the fuck was that?” Kaitlyn said heated.

“Listen, I know it’s not true Kaitlyn, but...”

“Know whats not true?”

“Sit,”  the principal said, placing a hand on Kaitlyn’s shoulder to sit her down. “Timmy said you drove him home, and you two talked about his, err, sex life.”

“What? He asked me about some senior he liked while having me drive around for hours, because his directions suck! I was giving a kid a ride home.”

“Being alone with students...We have no rules Kaitlyn, but you have to be careful with minors.”

“Are you accusing me of something?”

“Of course not Kaitlyn. I believe you. We will have to go through the steps ...”

“What?! What steps?” Kaitlyn exclaimed.

“But the investigation will be closed. Trust.” he said placing a hand on her shoulder. “Its just with the rumor going around...”

“What rumor?” Kaitlyn said, now cutting the principal off, and standing.

“Are you dating a past student? Chase Brock, class 2007? I knew your parents Kaitlyn. They were good and honest people. I know you are a person of character and truth just like them.”

Kaitlyn’s eyes began to swell with hot tears. She tilted her head back - making sure no tears spilled.

“My parents were good people,” Kaitlyn said, her voice cracking.

“Please don’t cry,” the principal said guiltily.  The investigation will be closed regarding Timmy.  I must ask about Chase Brock. It’s no crime if you are seeing him...It’s just, you were his teacher.”

“No, no I’m not,” Kaitlyn said. “Is that all?” Kaitlyn said, with one hand on the door.

The principal nodded.  Kaitlyn told the god honest truth about Chase. They were not dating. Dating meant relationship, and she was having none of that. It was a one time thing.

Holy smokes! Things just went left with Kaitlyn - She could lose her job! What do you guys think of Timmy's accusations? And Jana - What do you think of her involvement in this?

Would love to here your comments, and always THANK YOU for reading! It means a lot to me :) Vote to the right if you enjoyed:D

Oona