It Was Only A Few Moments (9)

I didn't know that Ignacio and I would have spent that Christmas together and many others after that. I didn't know that I would introduce him to my parents who seemed to love him more than I did. I didn't even know I was going to meet his. His parents were oddly a mirror of my parents which was weird in a good way.

I didn't know that we would move out together in a three bedroom home where we talked about having our kids. Obviously, it was too soon for us to have kids when we spoke about it so we got ourselves a dog, a husky named Spike.

I didn't know that we would've gone on a vacation out of the country. It was in that country where he got down on one knee and opened that little black box that held the dazzling jewel. I didn't know that I was going to bawl my eyes out and take more than ten minutes to answer his question.

"Would you marry me?"

Those four words had everyone around standing in anticipation as they waited for my answer.

I said yes and they cheered and congratulated us. I was an emotional wreck. I probably looked ugly and stupid but I didn't care because I knew that in the eyes of Ignacio that I was perfect and probably even more.

Even then, I didn't know that we were actually going to go through with a wedding. It was an outside wedding held by the lake we occasionally walked by together. The wedding was held at a spot that wasn't always my favorite but because of Ignacio, it was. The spot I sat at and cried from heartbreaks. The spot where I made myself believe that I was forever going to be alone in the category of romance. The spot where I thought of things I shouldn't have.

I was so wrong and my father and Angelica were there to give me the, "told you so" look.

I never in million years would have thought that I would be walking down the aisle with my dad who wasn't the most accepting of me being gay but he turned out to be my biggest supporter. Before he walked with me down the aisle, he started to cry and pulled me into a hug.

He told me words that I would never forget. Words I still think about til this day.

"You guys deserve each other. He deserves you and you deserve him. It makes me happy to see that someone could make you so happy but I just want you to know and remember that you will always be my little boy and that I love you more than anything."

I never saw my dad cry before. I never thought I was going to see him bawl the way he did before I was signaled to walk down the aisle.

Ignacio already did his walk and so it was my turn. I was so nervous. All eyes were on me but Ignacio's eyes were the ones that tore through me. Those teary eyes of his. The eyes that seen more of me than anyone in that room but yet, it was those eyes that made me feel so anxious.

I just hoped he didn't regret his decision.

When I finally made it to him, he just smiled at me as he wiped his eyes. "You look amazing," he whispered.

"You do too."

The ceremony began but all sound disappeared except the sound of the waves as I stared at Ignacio who couldn't bring himself together. He made me cry a few times but what really got me was when he read his vow.

"I want to start off by telling you how much I love and appreciate you. I'm happy that I was bold enough to sit at that table with you in the back of Angelica and Lucas's wedding to then drag you to eat cake with me." A few people laugh and so did I. "Now after this, we can eat our own wedding cake and get fat together. Trust me, our wedding cake is ten times better than Lucas's."

We all were laughing again.

"I still remember the day we first met like it was yesterday. Maybe it's because I replay that day in my head over and over again. It was truly the best day of my life. I loved to make you laugh. I loved to watch you eat and I loved the way you fit so perfectly in my arms. I remember you believing that you were not capable of love and all I wanted to do was show you that you were more than capable. I loved you even then and I wanted to give you the love you deserved. So Ambrose, I vow to always love you. I vow to always give you hugs when you're feeling down. I vow to lift you up and to let you know that you're special. I vow to live and learn with you so we can grow together. I vow to be a good father to our 20 kids and I vow to never leave your side. You're the love of my life. You were the guy I always dreamt of. I love you, Ambrose."

I was already crying after he stopped talking about the cake and so was he. I was shocked that he was able to speak. I gave my vows but I couldn't get through mine without crying through every sentence. It was terrible, trust me.

It was after the vows when the rings were placed on our fingers and then we were allowed to kiss.

And believe me when I say that the kiss was absolutely perfect.

Sometimes, all it takes is a few moments to find the love of your life. To find that eight letter word my father always talked about and no, the word wasn't bullshit.

It was soulmate.