Chapter 17

Scott POV
I dash into the entrance of the hospital, panting and feeling as though my lungs are going to explode.
"Mitch Grassi" I manage to gash through my breaths.
"Right... There's someone in there at the moment.. He's on a one at a time rule I'm afraid."
THIS WOMAN IS SO SLOW.
"Yes but the person in there is dangerous."
"I'm not sure I can allow-"
I ignore her and push into the main building. I rush to Mitch's room and burst in. Alex is-
My mind goes blank and I lose control of my thoughts. I throw Alex off Mitch's unconscious body. I throw him against the wall and punch him once, hard in the nose. It cracks satisfyingly and blood spurts out. He laughs and talks through the blood.
"Jealous that I got there first? I do like to go where no man has gone before." He cackles and I kick him where it hurts. He buckles over and I whack him in the head. He keels over, passed out.
I rush over to Mitch and see his body. Blood has soaked the mattress. I think Alex must have broken his stitches. I scream for help until my throat runs hoarse.
Doctors rush into the room and surround Mitch's body. Everything slows down into slow motion and I feel as though I'm walking through syrup as I try to move closer to my love. A doctor appears and tries to talk to me. I can't hear him and I just shake my head slowly. He rushes me out of the room and sits me on a chair. I only get one look before they close the doors on him.
*2 hours later*
Someone shakes me and I open my bleary eyes. I fell asleep? When did that happen?
"Mitchell is awake and he's asking for you."
This seems like déjà Vu as it was only yesterday that he was recovering well.
I walk into his room and see him sat up smiling at me.
"How are you feeling?"
"Fine, well no that's a lie actually. I feel awful and I.. I'm scared."
He looked down and started to cry. I rushed over and grabbed his hand, kissing it before I sat down.
"We can get through this it'll be OK. I'm here. I love you."
Mitch smiled at me through his tears.
"Thank you. I love you too."
We held each other all night and we never let go once.