Part 19 : Breaking The News

Sorry for not updating soon :) But here's Part 19 :

 Luna's POV : 

 " So what did the doctor actually say about me? " I lightened up the mood in the car. Everyone, especially mum looked rather zombiefied.  Dad ignored my question, mum was just staring out the window and I turn to Leo. " So? " I said, giving him a nudged in the arm.

" Huh? Oh that.. I'm not reallly sure about that Luna." Leo replied, rubbing the back of his head. He's lying.  I can tell. 

" What?? Why??? Why can't you just tell me? I just feel so freaking weird, on the way everyone's acting after the hospital and stuffs, as if I'm diagnosed with some freakin sickness that will break everybody's heart..!" I said it and crossed my arms.

Mum turned and look at me. Finally. Giving me another zombiefied look, she launched in and hugged me.

" Mum? " I said shocked.

Everybody was down. Clearly shown.

" You are diagnosed with Cancer honey..." mum said and then started sobbing.

" Wha....wa...what?" I said, bared.

" I know.. this life is so unfair for you. We were just getting along after so many years of seperating and HE'S taking you away??!" mum was bursting in tears now.

" Sharoon...why do you have too" dad said from his driver's seat.

" I can't. I have to tell.. I can't hold it in much longer... " mum said wiping her tears. Trying to be strong again. 

" So, I have cancer. Dying stage huh. Alright then" I said laughing at the end.

" Honey are you okay?" dad asked again. This time Leo turned around and held my hand. 

" Nothing is going to happen to you" Leo assured. 

He's not the doctor. How would he know?? Well, I can't cry in front of them. All I can do now is to stay strong and live my life to the fullest. Especially with all the ones I love.

" I'm perfectly fine. Never been better" I managed to say with a smile. Daniel would be heart broken. First was Julia and the accident and now it's me and the sickness. I feel bad for that guy. Guess he's got no luck in love.

Solemn moments passed. Silent filled the car till we arrived home. Daniel's car pulled up in the garage a few minutes later. Everybody was very down. Daniel was the worst. No one ate during dinner. The food ended up in the refrigerator. That night, Daniel brought me to the lakehouse. 

He put down the incident of Leo going overboard. 

"Hey D. I know about my sickness already. Mum burst it all out in the car. Don't worry. I've accepted it and I'll move on just fine. Trust me." I said, cupping his face with both of my hands and staring into his deep hazel eyes. 

" I know you will stay strong. Afterall, we've already made a promise. We won't leave each other and therefore you must fulfil that promise. " Daniel said, forcing a smile that I could see.

" I will. Just spend time with me okay and D? don't be mad if I told you that I'll spend time with Leo too. In fact I'll spend time with everyone here. Time is my enemy now. I gotta beat it. Used it up as much as I can" I said laying on his perfectly sculptured arms.

" I understand Luna. Just stay strong and don't think about it. The doctor has cure for it. We have the most efficient machines for treatments. You won't die Luns... trust me. I'll take care of you.." D said, with a stream of tear rolled down his cheek.

I said nothing and gave him the biggest hug ever. I needed him, more than anything in the world. My current fear was death. I wasn't really afraid of that. I'm just afraid of leaving all of these good people behind. My loved ones. 

Slept in each others arms the whole night. ...

Daniel's POV : 

  " Dear Lord, please give her more time. I don't want to lose her if I could make a choice. Take my life instead of hers. First was Julia... is this a way of fate playing with me?? It took me such a long time to forget about Julia and the past and moved on to Luna. Now you're taking her away from me?! What kind of life is this?" I said in my weak heart to the Lord. 

Luns was sleeping soundly in my arms and here I am, in the middle of the night, crying myself. I'd promised not to let anything happen to her but Cancer was stronger. I was no shield to her from that.

I woke her up at 5 in the morning and drove to the nearest hill. We watched the sunrise together. I'm taking and keeping as mmuch memories I can with her. At least I have something of her with me if she leaves. Grabbed my phone and snapped a picture of us...

TBC.. The story is cming to an ending soon :) Tell what you think about his chappie.! Thnks