Part 18 : Big C

Sorry McKenna :) Here's the next part to ya :)) Hope you liked it though :D 

   Part 18 : 

Daniel's POV : 

   " Why are you doing this to us? What have we done?? I questioned.  

" I just want her back. I've been doing so much to have her back. " Leo answered. 

"Leo.." Luna called out faintly. Hugging and curling herself up.

" Luna!" Both Leo and I shouted in unison and went towards her.

She was in pain. The stomach thingy comes back. Maybe she's too hungry and the acid level increases. 

" Quick! Go get the car keys!" I ordered Leo. He hurried back to the house.

" Don't worry Luna. You'll be safe. " I assured her, carrying her in my arms and headed out to the car.

Leo was waiting at the driver's seat as I got in with Luna. The house was pretty far away from the hospital. Leo was speeding all the way and in my heart, I'd prayed that we'll arrive safely there and nothing is wrong with Luna. 

Leo was equally anxious about Luna's condition.

"Hurry up already!"  he ordered me as I was slowly heading out from the car and we dashed into the hospital to get help.

Soon, some nurses was pushing a bed out, and I gently placed Luna on the bed. Quickly they sent her into the ER room. 2 doctors attended to her. While I was waiting anxiously, Luna's dad called.

" Hello son! Where have you three gone to? " he asked.

" Um, sir, Luna's in the hospital. We've forgotten to tell you about her stomach problem and all.." I explained mindlessly.

" What?! We'll be there in a minute! Take care of my baby girl." he said, rushing over to his wife, calling her name.

" Alright. I'll text you the hospital place, and the room she's in" I said and hung up.

" Uncle Carter? " Leo asked casually lifting his face up from his palms.

I nodded. 

Moments passed and nothing is happening. Doctors are not even out yet. Could it be something so serious? My heart was aching and was praying that nothing bad is going to happen to Luna. Leo was just sitting there, looking down with his palms together.

Then the doctors slide the curtains. " Relatives of Ms. Carter." one of them said.

"Here! I said, jolting up from my seat, Leo followed up.

" I'm sorry to say this but I won't drag it any long, Ms. Carter is diagnosed with the 2nd stage stomach cancer from what we see now.. We have to carry out the treatment and analyze her as soon as possible so that the cancer cells will not spread to her other parts of her body and to get further information." the doctor said.

Leo and I exchanged glances and we both were left speechless. Cancer. The big C. I wanted to cry but I held back.

" Do what you have to" I said to the doctors. Granting them permission to carry out what ever they have to do. 

The doctors nodded in agreement and head down the hall as I sunk down on the chair. This time, tears were streaming. Leo was just standing there, watching the doctors disappear from sight and dashed into the small ward and checked on Luna. 

I was still sitting there, lost and really don't know how to accept the fact that she has Cancer. Stage 2 even more. 

" Daniel!" I heard someone calling my name down the hall. Looking up, I saw Mr and Mrs Carter rushing towards me. 

I rubbed my eyes and stood up. 

"How is she?" Mrs. Carter anxiously asked.

" There, she's in there" I said solemnly, pointing towards where Leo and Luna was in.

Mrs. Carter ran in, leaving Mr. Carter and me. " Anything bad?  What did the doctor said?" he queried. I still don't know how to break the news to them. 

" So?" Mr. Carter asked again breaking in my thoughts.

" She's um.. she has... Caa...can.. Cancer" I said breaking down in tears again.

I saw his expression. Stiff and shock. Unbelievable. Unspeakable. Had a crying look painted on his face.  Then, slowly, he took a few steps towards me and gave me a hug. 

" It's alright son.. she'll be able to go through it. She's strong.." Mr. Carter as he patted my back. Smoothing it to calm me down and then added, " does she know about it?" 

I said nothing but just gave him the "shake" of my head. 

" Don't worry. We'll try our best to break the news to her. Help her out. We're one as a family. We're going to solve this and pull it through" he said, giving me an advice. " Let's not go in with puffy eyes and tense up the emotion." he added.

Well, as a father, he's accepting it perfectly fine. Though I know he's breaking with every inch inside of him. Knowing his daughter has been infected with the Big C, why wouldn't he break down. He's a man and he has to hide his feelings. He's the head of the family. If he breaks down who else is going to hold the family up...

I wiped my eyes and then told him that I'll be heading to the men's to wash my eyes and grab some food to let the puffiness of my eyes subside and he agreed. Patted my back once again before I headed down to the cafeteria...

Luna's POV : 

 " Leo? Mum? Where am I?" I said,waking up from my faint sterile smell in the hospital seeing mum and Leo was standing by the bed.

" How are you feeling honey?" mum asked.

" I'm just hungry now though. Where's Daniel? I said, scanning my eyes around for him.

" He went down to the cafeteria to get food for you" dad said walking in, moving towards me.

" Oh okay, and why am I at the hospital?" I asked sitting up.

" You fainted" Leo replied.

Then, Daniel walked in. "Here's your food princess. I thought you might be hungry. " he said handing me the sandwiches and a bottle of water.

" Thank you! I am starving!" I said like a lil kiddo and took the food from him. The rest was laughing at my gesture.

" So what's wrong with me?" I asked ask I was munching on the sandwich.

" Nothing, the doctor said something over extra acid juice or something in your stomach. They'll check it up later." Daniel answered my question.

Dad, Leo exchanged glances and then shifted to Daniel. Leo's expression was pretty weird though. Maybe they don't know about the extra gastric thingy after all, I haven't managed to break the news to them.....

A nurse walked in and said that I could be discharged today itself and then we did. Dad and Daniel settle the registration, and paying stuffs, Leo and mum was helping me, sending me to the car and we headed home.