Part 21 : Tragic New Year

Daniel's POV :

I dashed downstairs awake by the scream and shouting from Mr and Mrs. Carter.

"What happened?" I asked, shocked seeing Luns in Mr.Carter's arms.

" Explain later, get the car keys and lets go!" Mr. Carter ordered and I grabbed the keys, ran upstairs and put on my coat.

Quickly, I was speeding all the way to the hospital. Upon arrival, the emergency unit hurried out and pushed Luns into the ER room. I contacted Luns brother and sister. They're on their way and so was the douche bag. Leo, left the house and stayed at one of the hotels but he always comes over inthe afternoon.

Hours and hours of waiting. Everyone was here, waiting anxiously for Luns. I was just sitting down on the bench, watching the ER light to go off. It soon did.

"How's my daughter?" Mrs.Carter asked with red eyes and a hopeful heart.

"I'm sorry but I've tried my very best. I can't help anymore. The virus is too strong to handle. as already spread throughout her body. I'm really sorry....." said the doctor.

Mrs. Carter fell to her knees, wailing and crying saying " no no no....Luna is a good girl.....why????!"

Mr.Carter went down with her. Hugging is sad miserable wife. Leo gave a hard punch into the wall. The other Carter siblings were sobbing there and then went down to hug their mum and dad.

" I'm also sorry to say this ut um, she does not have much time. Critical state and so I suggests that you all should spend the last moment with her." the doctor added.

"Well, thank you doctor" I said and shook hands.

"Let's go " I said helping Mrs Carter up then followed Luna into the ward.

All lf us crowd round her bed. She has tubes attached to her.

Weakly, she managed " hey guys, you're all here. Thank you" with a smile.

Mrs. Carter held Luns and and said " Oh baby, be strong okay. We are all gonna be here till you finish your battle. Keep fighting alright?"

" Yes sweetheart, keep fighting" Mr Carter was absolutely crying now.

I don't think I can hold it on anymore. I took the box out. Luns was currently looking very sick and pale.

" Hey tough guy" she said softly.

" hey hey, shh don't sayanything. Just listen to me. Luna Ann Carter, will you marry me?" I said, kneeling dosn on one knee by the bed. Everyone gasps.

" No Daniel..." Luns replied. " Are you crazy? I will marry you if I'm not in this condition. My time here won't be long. I can't do this to you. You can't be a widower? Nono, that's not possible.. " she added, tears streaming down her eyes.

" Find yourself another girl who is worthy like me. Don't torture yourself D. People come and go. That's life. I never wanted this for myself. So don't " Luna said.

"I love you Luns" I crying patheticaly now.

" Nothing can measure my love towards you D. All those memories that I had with you, and all of you will always be kept here.....in my heart.." Luna said, placing my hand and hers at her chest.

It's hours away to the New Year. Leo and the rest said what they needed to say and at the last minute, Jenna and Petter managed to arrive on time.

"I'm gonna miss you soook much Luns. You're the best friend that Ive ever had." Jenna said and leaned in for a hug.

"Tell, the big boss that I won't be heading back to work. Clear my stuffs and pass it to Daniel. He'll know what to do." Luns said.

"Don't worry. " Jenna replied.

" Hey guys, I'm really tired. I'm gonna sleep. So you guys take care. Don't worrry about me. No matter what happens I'll forever be in all of your hearts. I love ya'll." Luns said, trying to close her eyes.

I leaned in and gave her the last kiss on her lips and whispered, I'll love you forever.With that, she closed her eyes and left us with hersmile.

She left. Luns gone... Jenna yelled for the doctor. Declared her death time. 11.59pm. A minute before the new year.......