Chapter 22 *Give Me Strength*

"Haz, Hazza wake up." I opened my eyes to reveal Liam's tired silhouette. I had fallen asleep in those horrible hospital chairs. I should have slept in Darcy's room, but the doctors refused to let all of us boys inside.

"What time is it?" I asked yawning.

"About 9:30. Niall and Zayn went back to talk with Simon and management. Louis is staying with Taylor, she's pretty shook up. I'm gonna stay with you, as long as you need." Liam told me. I nodded. I rubbed my eyes.

"Have you seen Darcy yet?" I asked. Liam shook his head. "Well come on then." I said pulling myself up out of the chair. we strode down the hall towards her room. I peeked inside. She was sleeping soundly with the beeping of the monitor and her breathing the only sounds heard. I motioned Liam inside the room with me. His face turned pale when he saw her. I notice and placed my hand on his shoulder.

"How are you doing this?" He asked, his eyes nearly leaking with tears.

"Doing what?" I asked confused.

"How are you able to stand here and comfort me, when I'm the one who should be comforting you." He confessed. I half smiled.

"Liam, we all have our weak points. I've seen her in a horrible state. Last night she looked worse. This is her looking better in my eyes." I told him. He wiped a tear from his watery eyes.

"You're really turning into a great father Harry." He smiled. I scoffed.

"Not the place to be saying that Li." I said pointing to our surroundings.

"No Harry, this wasn't your fault though. It was a freak accident. Taylor didn't know. And management refused to call you, or any of us off stage. This wasn't and never will be your fault." Liam told me sternly, grabbing my shoulders and shaking them.

"But Liam It could have been prevented. If I wasn't so stupid I would have told her and gotten a doctor for Darcy. They she wouldn't be in this mess. It is my fa-"

"HARRY IT ISN'T YOUR FAULT! If anything it was Taylor's fault. You should have sued her." Liam whispered the last bit, but I heard him loud and clear.

"Liam, why are you so upset? Why do you hate Taylor so much?" I asked.

"BECAUSE HARRY TAYLOR IS A JERK!" He shouted.

"What are you talking about?" I asked. Before he could reply, I saw Louis out the window of the room. He was hugging Taylor. Laughing. Smiling. But worst of all, he kissed her. On the lips. My heart shattered. Darcy had escaped my mind and there were only 3 things on my mind.

How could he?!

How could She?!

Why did I ever tell Louis about my cutting?

"Harry? Hazza? What's wrong? Why are you crying?" Liam asked. I felt wet, salty tears on the palm of my hand as I brought it towards my cheek.

"Louis." I mumbled. I got up and burst out the room. Ignoring anymore questions. Ignoring the pain. Ignoring Louis. The only thing I didn't ignore, was my desire for my blades.

~Earlier That Morning Louis Point of View~

"So what is your so called "Plan"?" I asked Taylor as I handed her her starbucks.

"Well, pretend to cheat." she confessed. I nearly spit out my drink.

"Tay, I'm not a slut! Nor am I the cheating type! I don't want Harry to hang himself from a flagpole!" I whisper shouted. I was in a disguise, so I tried to hide myself and not shout.

"If he does, then he has serious psychological problems Lou. We just want you to break up with you! Its not the end of the world!" She persuaded.

"But what if he's... Ya know... In love with me?" I asked. Now it was Taylor turn to choke.

"Louis, he can't be. It's only been less than a month. If he can't love you in 5 years, he can't love you in 25 days." she told me. I nodded.

"You do have a point. But what If he cries? Or hurts himself? What if he shuts down on us? Or worse, Darcy?" I panicked.

"Louis, nothing bad will happen. I hug you, you hug back. You smile, I smile. We lean in for penguin peck and boom, you're a single pringle!" She explained

"Isn't that mean? Like horrible to mess with people's feelings and emotions?" I asked. She stopped.

"Who are you Liam?" She smiled. I shrugged.

"So what is this kiss? You want t kiss me?" I smiled changing the subject. She grinned.

"It's a peck Louis, don't call the priest!" She joked. I rolled my eyes and rubbed my chin.

"Yikes I need to shave. I feel like garbage." I said feeling my stubble.

"You smell like ass too." Taylor added sarcastically.

"Okay ha ha, not funny. Are we gonna break up Harry and I or what?" I asked sternly.

"Ready when you are Lou"