- 12 -

{Disclaimer: This chapter contains some difficult words so they are defined at the bottom of the chapter.  Enjoy!}

Awkwardly, I fiddle with the strands on my dress and glance at the multitude of expressions around the table. It is an odd feeling to break the ordinary cycle of responsibilities and tasks I have to do. For example, instead of setting the table and pouring drinks like I'm used to, I'm watching Jin do my job. The new boys join us at the table and I try to avoid staring at them for too long. They're attractive, but they must be too young for me. I don't wanna get feelings for them, knowing me and my tendencies to fall in love with strangers.

"Ok, let's eat," Jin announces and seats himself after fulfilling his duties. I grasp my chopsticks and slide them between my fingers.

"So, how are things?" Taehyung questions the guests and it shocks me at how open he is with them. And yet he has to be a dick to me.

"Thanks to your warnings, we prevented all attempted attacks on us," A boy with blue hair tells all of the guys, I pretend I can't hear the conversation and I dig into my chicken quietly. I really shouldn't eavesdrop, but who cares, we're at the same table anyway.

The five guests relax more and dig into their food. Namjoon says, "We'll protect you and your men. Just alert us if something happens." BTS nods at Namjoon's comment and I chew my food quietly.

"We will make sure to keep you updated."

"Just contact Yoongi if you need anything."

"Thank you," A guy with brown bowl-cut hair states. After his reply, all of the others at the table finally focus more on talking than eating. Not much longer after that, another conversation arises.

"Who is this?" the youngest boy asks and I glance up from my plate of chicken. I follow the voice and see him looking right at me.

"I'm-" I start but get cut off by a loud voice.

"This is Y/n, our maid," Jimin announces proudly. The young boys' eyes widen. I sigh and think to myself, I should've been able to introduce myself.

"You dress your maids in that? Hyungs, what are you up to?" he smirks and Jimin seems flustered by his comment.

"It's not like that," Jimin says. It is though.

"What are you doing with Y/n, Jimin?" My face reddens.

"Hey, don't forget your honorifics. Also, stop overthinking-"

"Ooooooooh."

"Kai, knock it off," another boy berates him after putting down a roll of bread, Kai's face droops.

"I was just teasing. I mean, isn't it cute to see her face get all red like that," Kai coos and points at me. I scoff at him and look back down at my food. Nonchalantly, I place my hand on my cheek and feel the heat radiating from my skin. After Kai's comment, I notice Jungkook uncomfortably shift in his seat. I try to focus back on eating. Everyone except for Jungkook and I laugh, some were awkward and slow chuckles while others were genuine.
Something is wrong with Jungkook and I guess I should ask about it. I tap his hand lightly and he looks over at me. "You okay, Kookie?" I ask him.

"Kookie?" One of the guests asks with a smirk.

"Aw, do you let her call you Jungkookie too? Or maybe baby bunny?" The boy with blue hair teases, meanwhile Jungkook looks unamused. He jerks his hand from underneath mine and pushes his chair out aggressively. With a loud noise, he sets his silverware down harshly and leaves the room quickly. He enters his room and slams the door shut. I retract my hand and place it on my lap, my eyes follow him out of the room. It's my fault. Only a few people in the room react in a joking way, everyone else is considered a 'silent naysayer*'.