Chapter 6 - Mia James

A/N - I know, I know.....what is taking this woman so damn long to post chapters!? She's driving us insane.....well, this woman wants to say 'ooops, not my bad - blame my boss' haha

But in all seriousness, sorry...will still be flat out busy with crap and crap, which I hope *fingers crossed* will settle down after Christmas, but in the meantime, I'll keep on writing when I can and posting it as soon as a new chap has been done.

Warning: This is only roughly edited, so you may stumble across and error or two..or three....or four...or more! Just let me know if you do, I won't be offended. I'm half asleep writing this, I got it done in like three and a half hours...and it's not much. Blame my sister, she keeps sending me games for Draw Something and I have to keep playing because she want's more coins, greedy bugger she is.

~ Chapter Six ~

Dumping my bag onto the top of a worn out picnic table, I sighed heavily and sat down next to it. Resting one elbow on my knee and my chin in my hand, I let my eyes gaze around the childish playground. It was kind of peaceful right now, only one mother with two little tacklers since it was only just after nine in the morning. I guess most normal people are at home in their beds sleeping; something I badly wish I was doing right now.

Of course that didn’t sit well with Henry, not even in the slightest. He had rudely woke me up at seven thirty loudly stating I had an hour to get up, shower, get dressed and have something to eat before he drove me to school. I had done it, and surprisingly to him with as little fuss as ever. Little did he know that I was just plain old worn out and exhausted. I didn’t get enough sleep last night, but I couldn’t tell him that. He thought I had gone to bed at a reasonable time and slept soundly all night long.

It seems like Cassie kept her fat trap shut, which was a shock to me – not that I’m complaining though. The more she keeps to herself, the better we will get along.

I had done my role this morning as the good little orphan girl and I done as I was told and allowed Henry to drop me off at the school gates, but the second his beat up station wagon was out of sight, so was I. I ditched. I could not be bothered putting up with school today.

I found myself in some small park with a playground, seating and plenty of shade. It seemed like the ideal place to chill out for the day, a tad on the boring side, but seeing as I had no one here and it was a lame town, this was as good as it was going to get.

Katey had asked me this morning while I was eating breakfast what my favourite foods were. How long have I been here now and she finally decided to ask what I actually liked? Rather than just cooking what she liked and making everyone else eat it. Newsflash woman, not everyone loves freaking tuna casserole like you do – some of us have damn taste buds.

Man, that woman drives me insane at times. I honestly don’t know how much longer I can live under the same roof as her. It’s pure torture.

     “Thought I recognised your face,” a manly voice spoke up from the side of me and instantly I looked over to see Hockey of all people walking my way.

Frowning a little as I glanced behind him, seeing nothing but grass and no people. “What do you want?” I asked, coming across as ruder than I had intended, but at the end of the day I didn’t care.

Hockey smiled widely, “Nothing was just walking past and saw you sitting here on your lonesome.”

Raising an eyebrow, “Uh-huh,” I mumbled, not quite believing him, nor trusting him in the slightest. He may have provided okay entertainment last night, but I can’t see us becoming friends or even people who hang out regularly.