Chapter 3 - Mia James

A/N - Not fully edited, I tried my best...so if you see any errors, let me know =) 

~ Chapter Three ~ 

    Eyeing the two little old women as they slowly walked from shop to shop, stopping every now and then to look in through the windows at the displays. I needed them to reach the other end of this mall, where less people were hanging around and the shops weren’t as busy.

Trailing a few metres behind them, but keeping them in my line of sight at all times, I stopped outside a clothes store and began fiddling with the jumpers hanging on a rack just before the doors. The two women were two stores down, peering in through the windows yet again to stare at something, and then they disappeared inside.

Mentally cursing them for taking their sweet ass time, I wandered over to a single metal bench in the middle of the mall, a rubbish bin on one side and a tall plastic fern on the other and sat down. Staring directly at the door of the shoe repair shop, I watched the two women chatting to the old man behind the counter through the window.

“Well, well, well, fancy seeing little Mia James in a place like this,” a voice sneered from the side of me and casually I raised my head to meet the hard, but glazed over stare of a former halfway house stayer.

Bianca towered over me as my eyes quickly took in her tattered appearance and stick thin features. Her eyes were gaunt and her face was sickly looking, she was always hard on the drugs before I even met her and I honestly had never seen her straight. Then again, Moss and I were rarely at the house we all shared.

"There's a face I could have done without," I grunted, looking away from her again as I swung my legs back and forth gently, the toes of my scruffy sneakers sliding along the floor every now and then.

"Where's that sexy brother of yours?" Bianca ignored my comment and I rolled my eyes.

"Not here."

She walked around and sat down on the bench beside me, tilting her head so she could look at my face with a sickly sweet smile painted there, "C'mon little Mia. I know for a fact that wherever you are, Moss isn't too far behind."

Narrowing my eyes a little with irritation, "I said he isn't here, now go away."

Bianca gasped dramatically and leaned in real close; her breathe had a foul stench coming from it. Her teeth were stained yellow and already showing early signs of decay, "Don't tell me big brother has let you wander off on your own," she chuckled while leaning back, "I never thought I would see the day he trusted you enough to let you do something solo."

Through the front window of the shoe repair store, I could see the two old women were slowly making their way to the front door and I knew I needed to ditch Bianca quick smart or she might purposely ruin this for me.

Thinking up of something on the spot, I turned and smirked up at Bianca's horrible face, "He's out in the parking lot searching for a car to jack - why don't you go help him?" 

Bianca's hazel eyes lit up and she jumped to her feet in excitement, I knew she had always had a thing for my brother - little hussy she is, but right now I was glad because it seems like the only way to get her out of my sight.

"See you shortly then," she grinned and began making her way through the crowds, shoving people rudely out of her way with her eagerness to find Moss.

Sighing softly; if only Moss really was outside getting a car ready for us, then my life wouldn't be so messed up right now.

Standing to my feet as I stalked the two women yet again, we were finally nearing the end of the mall and it was just my luck that they decided to sit down on a bench; similar to one I had been on just a few moments ago.