Chapter 4 - Mia James

A/N – Uploads for this are meant to be every 2weeks, but life is getting busier and I don’t get as much free time as I use too....plus, I’m back to being addicted to Angry Birds – those darn pigs frustrate the crap outta me! Soz about the wait on this chap... =D

~ Chapter 4 ~

     Today is the day, the day my very own personal hell is unleashed upon me in the form of a giant ass building stocked full of idiots, jerks and wankers. I’m about to start my first day at school in this boring town, and I'm not exactly happy about it either. 

Though I had promised Moss, I would behave myself until he came and I intend on keeping that promise – to a certain degree, knowing that now it was just a matter of playing the waiting game.

Yesterday the Diggs dragged me through the mall, a family outing of some sort - so Katey had claimed with that big ass fake smile plastered across her chubby face. It seriously gave me the creeps every time she had looked my way and I always automatically took a step backwards.

In my world, whenever someone smiled at you like that - it never meant anything good and some kind of pain would follow afterwards. I'm still waiting for that pain to happen, but so far it hasn't. That doesn't mean I am about to let my guard down around these people though, I still didn't trust them as far as I could throw them; which wasn't a hell of a lot.

Despite the new clothing sitting away in the drawers of the cupboard and hanging on the rack in that room at their house, I was dressed in my old and well worn out jeans and an oversized black hooded jumper. Katey almost flipped when I walked into the kitchen this morning, carrying on about how I needed to change and be more presentable for my first day. Henry was the one to calm her down and convince her to 'allow' me to wear what I was comfortable in the most.

Allow, as if I was going to change just because that woman has a stick up her ass and fears that what I wear will come back to haunt her as foster parent.

I will secretly admit that stirring the old woman up was fun at times.

     The school was three blocks away from the Diggs house, but I was not allowed to walk on my first day and I doubt I will be allowed too for the first few weeks either. Neither Katey nor Henry believed I would show up on my own accord and they were right to have that doubt in me.

Not that I told them that.

So right now, I am sitting in the front passenger seat of Henry's old station wagon and staring out the window at the building that is my personal hell. I cannot even remember the last time I went to school like this, Moss and I always skipped after awhile. Therefore, it has been some time for me now.

Cassie leant forward from the back seat and kissed Henry's cheek as she chirped a 'bye Dad, see you later, love you' and jumped out the car with a peppy bounce in her step that I wanted to stab and kill.

"Do you want me to walk you in Mia?" Henry spoke up, "It might be a tad embarrassing though," he chuckled on the end, his normal light humour rearing its head.

Shaking my head as I took a slow breath, I pulled on the door handle and climbed out, "I'm a big girl," I smirked back at him, not letting on how much I was actually dreading this day or how I was a little worried.

My last schools were never a fun experience for me and I doubt this one will be any different, but the only difference now is - I have learnt a lot more fighting moves. I've watched so many backyard punch up's, alley street fights and just general drug deals gone wrong that I managed to pick some techniques up.