Episode 2: Investigation

After learning about the case from Jonathan; Reyes and Mark came in to the central prison to visit Samantha for further inquiry. They met the jailer Mr. August who looked a little bit obnoxious.

“Hello Mr. August. We are here to meet Samantha Jonas, who has been recently arrested for the murder of Sandy Milo.” Mark said.

“And who are you?” He asked.

“We are private investigators. And we have been hired by Jonathan Jonas, the brother of Samantha.” Mark said.

“Hmm. Do you have any proof to confirm that you are truly hired by her brother?” August questioned.

Reyes takes out his phone and immediately calls Jonathan. He quickly fills him about the situation and hands the phone to August. After talking with him, August allows them to visit but only for ten minutes. He takes them to the waiting room.

Soon, Samantha arrives at the visiting cell with female guards on both sides. They left her and goes back outside. Mark & Reyes stood before her.

Sam looks at them and instantly realises who they are.

A ray of hope shone in her heart.

“Miss, I'm...”

“I know you Detective Reyes Maximilian and you too, Private investigator Mark Thomason.” Sam said before Reyes can introduce himself.

“Wow. You do know about us?” Mark looked surprised.

“How can I not ! ? The way you both tackled the speeding train case and saved so many lives while also dealing with a series of criminal cases at the same time. That's absolutely amazing!” Samantha praised them.

“Yes. Thank you.” Reyes said. “Alright then, Sam. Umm, Can I call you Sam?" He asked her.

“Yes sure. You can.” She confirmed.

Mark gestured her to take the seat. She sat down.

“Alright, without further ado, Sam. Can you please tell me exactly what happened that night?” He asked.

“Sure. That night after having my dinner, at around 9:50 pm, I went to sleep in my room. But around 10 o'clock, Miley Fiosa called me. She said that Sandy wants to meet me and...”

“Wait, a second. Who's Miley Fiosa?” Reyes asked.

“Oh, she's the assistant of Sandy.”

“Okay. Go on.” Mark said.

“So yes after she called me. I went to meet Sandy at her apartment. However, upon reaching her room, I found out that her door was suspiciously open and Miley is no where to be seen. I cautiously entered the room and called out for her.”

“But as soon as I did, the lights went out and somebody called out for help from the darkness. I became terrified and decided to leave the room. But just then someone hit me from behind. After which everything became black.”

“When I came back to my senses I saw Sandy falling down the balcony. I was horrified at the scene, I quickly got up amidst the pain in my head. But was too late, I heard her scream for the last time after which followed an eerie silence. I reached the balcony and saw her lifeless body profusely bleeding. I was overwhelmed by mixed emotions.” She cries.

“I I... was confused. And in my right hand I was holding the murder weapon, the knife. And a servant found me holding it and she screamed at me. I quickly escaped from there and the rest you know.” She expressed her grief.

Reyes and Mark comforted her.

“Sam, don't cry. If what you are saying is true we will prove your innocence.” Reyes assured her.