Episode 4: Not everyone is Sherlock Holmes.

Police cars and ambulances were flashing their lights upon the dark and coldness night

The investigation tape was fixated. Media outlets and reporters were swarming the whole area reporting the uneventful incident.

“We are reporting from the bayside of Meadow coast. Another murder has occurred today. The police are investigating the new body. So far the identity has been found. The victim's name is Mr. Boni Vardan. He was brutally killed by a knife and a note was found lying beside him. Detective Reyes Maximilian and Mark Thomason both discovered the body and they are assisting the cops right now. This is reporter Marion Whizelgi from UBN news.”

***

Reyes PoV

“This is not something I expected to find.” Mark said as he inspected the dead body of Mr. Boni.

“That's why I always say expect the unexpected. It atleast makes you be prepared to tackle on any shock.”

“So what about the note? Did you figured it out?” Mark asked me.

He was talking about the note the criminal left for us. The note had a riddle but the most shocking thing for me was that it has been written by the blood of the victim.

It reads – “From the voyage of the sea and beyond, I bought you an invaluable object far more precious than gold and diamonds. But to receive it you must give me something worthy of it. Whoever possess it becomes the richest and wisest. But to some it might be a curse.

“I read it.” I replied to Mark. “However, I feel its just a distraction and has nothing to do with the case we are involved.”

“Are you sure?”

“.... I am.” But am I?

Mark gave me a look before continuing his inspection of the body.

“So what did you found out so far?” I asked him.

“Nothing except the ID and his wallet and the grave wound in his chest due to which he died.” He then got up.

“What do you have to say about the dead body?” He asked me.

I took a closer look and told him, “Nope. There is nothing here. Whatever you said it's there.”

“I hoped you will find something.” Mark said.

“Well not everyone is Sherlock Holmes.” I replied.

“Let's head back we need to sent the body for post mortem.” I said and nodded at the Forensics Team to take back the body.

*****

          We came back at our organization. Mark was watching the news reporting. While, I was trying to sort out the connections.