Episode 6: Tick Tick Boom!

I opened up my eyes only to find myself tied up on the chair. My head was quite dizzy from the hit I received. But I soon remembered that Noah Asher has planned to bomb up the Parliament building.

Alan was blackmailed to work for him but he was also the partner-in-crime. I tried looking at my surrounding as my head hung low.

"Well. Well. Well. See who has woken up?" A voice said.

I looked from where the voice came and found Noah smiling. I tried to move a little bit but it was of no use.

"Hey. Calm down okay. You need to chill a little bit." He said.

"Where am I?" I asked him.

"You are at the lair where I plan to wipe out all the things that troubles me." He said.

"What do you mean by that?"

He smiled maliciously.

"You are at the Parliament." He said. "I am going to bomb the whole place."

"Why are you doing this?"

"Does it matter to you? You are after all going to join them. Hmm but if you guess it correctly I might reveal the reason." Noah said.

"It will be a fun game to play." He said while smiling innocently.

"You want to do it because they are always troubling you. And maybe also to shake the whole entire legal system?" I guessed.

"Wow. Not a complete imbecile. Nice. I can see why Reyes made you his investigation partner. I am impressed." He said.

"So am I right?" I asked.

"Well almost."

I missed my shot.

"The reason is far more cruel and devastating. But I don't blame you. There is no one who can figure it out except Reyes maybe." He said.

"But he is a weakling. Lou easily beat the living daylights out of him. Also if he was smart enough he might have already planned ahead in case of some mishaps. But he didn't. It looks like he is not a match for me." Noah said.

"Reyes can crack any case. He figured out who was the killer before his coma." I said.

"Oh really? That's why he could not say anything about it to anyone." Noah said.

"Well I hoped for an interesting match of wit between us. But as he said once, he is not Sherlock Holmes." Noah then added. "But I am definitely the Jim Moriarty of this world!"

He then started walking away from the room while saying, "I am the player, the mastermind and the genius. Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. BooM!"

He is a complete narcissist and that too a very dangerous one alongwith his wit.

***

Edward's PoV

I came at the lighthouse but did not found Mark or anyone else. However there was blood on the floor and a bullet was found stuck in the wall. Surely something happened here. And I am feeling a strong gut that things are much worse then what I thought.

Mr. Parveen with his team was working on the site. While I checked out the top of the lighthouse. There was nothing out of the blue. Everything looked okay.

It seemed as if all the evidence was cleaned except the blood stain on the floor. It maybe because we were coming. But if so there is nothing to investigate. We are at a dead end.

***

Noah's PoV

The game has been set in place. The police won't come here as they are clueless. Mark is bound up in chair and my bodyguards will be watching him until I signal them to leave. Reyes is in coma and the rest of my men are set to play the big orchestra at my fingertips!

A perfect turnout in the end. Now only to shake some things up, I need Alan. I entered the van parked outside and my driver started to take me to the place I need to arrive.

I contacted Alan.

"You are up now. And remember I have eyes everywhere."

"Okay." Alan said.

I cut the call and awaited for the moment of my joy.

***

I arrived at the Grand Theatre of Athens and took my ticket. After showing my ticket I headed in to the VIP room and sat there. The host came at the stage and started to speak.

"Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to our grand show. The play today is of Pandora based on the Greek mythology of the same."

Pandora who brought disaster, death, illness, war and all the pessimistic side of life. It was not her fault but she was manipulated to do that by Zeus. Everyone blames her for the misfortune by opening the jar. But it was all Zeus. The saying "Curiosity killed the cat" is inspired by this very myth.

I am interested to see how everything unveils in this mythology play. And also how it will play out in my own version of Pandora.

***

Mark's PoV

There is not much time to waste. If I don't get out of here then a great calamity will take place. But how do I get out?

The guards are outside and there's no other way of escape. If I am in the Parliament, which room am I in? And how come there is no one to rescue me out? What the hell is happening right now?

***

Alan's PoV

I did whatever he said. The terminal is jammed up. And the AC ducts inside are connected with the gas pipe. All I need to do is release it, once everyone gets inside. But is he really planning to bomb the Parliament? If so why did he told me to gas the whole place.

It does not sum up but if I don't do what he told me then I might not live to see the day.

***

Edward's PoV

"I did not found any clue. There is nothing to investigate." Mr. Parveen said.

"How come there be no clue?" I said.

"Mark was investigating about Alan. If so he must have known something about him and he must have followed him to the lighthouse. We need to see where Alan is right now." I said.

I assigned my police team to track down Alan. While I went ahead to his house with a search warrant to investigate.

If he is behind the disappearance of Mark and the killings, he won't be safe for long.

***

Meanwhile at somewhere unknown

A man was walking inside an old manor. He witnessed two children playing at the garden. The man walked away from there and headed inside the manor. He saw a couple hanging around in the kitchen. They smiled and cuddled with each other. They looked like a happy family. But he continued to step away from them and headed upstairs at the third floor. Arriving at the library room.

He hesitated at first but still opened up the door only to witness the husband holding up a bloody knife and besides him on the floor was his wife, cold and dead with pale skin and the maroon blood smeared all over his shirt.

"Reyes." He said as he addressed to the little child/the man who just came inside the library. "Papa will take care of everything."

Suddenly Reyes woke up from his coma!

"Aaah!" He shouted as the nightmare shook him.

The nurse quickly got in and was surprised to see Reyes out of coma. She immediately called out to the doctor.

"What's going on?" He thought.

Just then he realised he fell from the high building alongwith Lou. But not only that he also came to remember something.

"The case."

***