Episode 3: The Rabbit Hole

Reyes came back to the hospital where Miley has been receiving treatment for the gun wound

Reyes came back to the hospital where Miley has been receiving treatment for the gun wound. He is there to interrogate her.

"Reyes do you think whatever Boni said is true?" Mark asked. As both of them took the elevator to 7th floor.

"I believe not everything is simple anymore." Reyes replied.

"Mark we are dealing with something not so simple. Better be prepared to be awake for long nights starting from today." He added.

Once out of the elevator, Reyes and Mark heads inside the ward where she is laying. There he notices Miley sleeping on the bed. Beside her is a man around middle age who is sitting on the chair across her bed.

"Excuse Me, Sir?" Mark said.

He turned to look at us.

"Are you police?" He asked.

"No. We are not. We are ju--"

"We are her friends. My name is Anthony and this here is Issac." Reyes quickly responded.

The old man thought for a moment before nodding his head.

"I see. Please." He gestured them to sit on the chairs.

They both sat down.

"We came here as soon as possible after learning what happened to her." Reyes said.

"Are you her father?" Mark asked.

"Yes I am. My name is Henry. The moment I heard about her condition I came in the hospital as quickly as possible. It's been a month since we last talked." He wiped a tear out of his eyes.

"Don't worry Sir. Everything will be alright." Mark comforted him.

"Why? What happened? Miley used to always praise you for upbringing her. She always commented on how great of a role model you are for her." Reyes said. "So what exactly happened among you?"

"Last month she told me she wants to marry her boyfriend Lou Reed. I knew about him. And I was happy for them. But one day during my office hours, I found him hanging around with another girl." Mr. Henry said. "He was kissing her and not only that he was even married!"

"What!?" Mark said.

"Yes. He was a fraud. I told this to my daughter. But she did not believed me and a heated argument started. Resulting in her leaving me." Mr. Henry said.

"If I had come up with proofs of the cheater then maybe she might not have gone away from me." He added.

Reyes observed something in the room but kept quiet.

"I wish for all the misunderstandings to be cleared and for her to get better." Reyes said and stood up. "I hope for a better person for your daughter. Now excuse us. We need to get back soon to our work."