Episode 7: The Grandeur of Illusion

Noah's PoV

Ah the beauty of classical music along with the play is a piece of cherry on top. I wonder how long it will go. But nevertheless I am enjoying it at my fullest.

"Prometheus stole the fire and gave it to the humans which was forbidden." The host said from the background. "When they learn about it, they were outraged."

One of the character playing Zeus, looked angry and decided to imprison Prometheus.

Ah! Interesting.

***

Mark's PoV

I need to escape by any means! I struggled for a while when I realised that there's a sharp nail half put in the chair behind my back.

That was it! I started rubbing the rope of my wrist against the nail's pointy head. It will take a while but I cannot lose hope!

After a lot of struggle and rubbing the rope it started to loosen up a little. I continued it for a while and soon enough it loosened up completely!

I untied myself and I am finally free from the chair but there is only one way to escape now. And that too is guarded by his guards.

I am no match for them. I don't have any weapons. I need to come up with something soon enough.

Where are you Edward?

***

Edward's PoV

I arrived at Alan's house but he was no where to be found. With the search warrant I started to look out everywhere with my teams to find some evidence. He cannot hide himself that easily. I hope Mark is safe.

"Sir!" Police Constable Jacob said.

"Yes Jacob?"

"I found Alan's diary and also a list of names in which Sandy's name is also written down." He said.

"What!? Then Alan is surely involved in the death of Sandy. Let's check the diary. What did he wrote?" I said and opened the diary to read it's contents.

"I did as he told me to do. Even though I am afraid of what mess I have gotten myself into, I am sure that at least my secret will be safe. But he asked me a favor in return. He wants to do something devastating and worse than I have anticipated earlier. If he accomplish what he wants to then maybe it will all end up. Although I don't know what he wants to do or achieve. This guy pretty much is a genius. It amazes me but at the same time scares me. It feels as if he holds invisible strings which he can manipulate at the tip of his fingers. Impressive isn't it?

--- Alan Blake."

"Who was Alan referring to? Is that person a criminal mastermind?" I said.

"Sir. Alan might have been helped by this very person. I'm now worried about Mr. Mark." Jacob said.

"I'm now starting to get worried too. But it just means we need to be fast and quick."

Suddenly the phone started ringing. I took up the call. It was from the cyber police station.

"Mr Edward. We discovered a street footage of Alan arriving at the gravel road of Residency center. That was his last appearance before he disappeared completely." The Chief of Cyber police said.

"Okay. Thank you very much." I said.

"Everyone let's head to the gravel road! We might have a criminal to apprehend."