9; Red cups, dancing and twenty questions

Violet

I feel as though I am no longer on Earth. This 'party' is absolutely insane. There's people absolutely everywhere, drinking, smoking, yelling, dancing, kissing. The music is far too loud that I can't even hear my thoughts and the lights are too dim and strobe like. I cling onto Zayn desperately, fearing I'm going to lose him and then I'll be alone in this suffocating crowded room. After all, he's used to these kind of things.

"You alright?" I hear him yell, bending down so that he's closer to me.

I nod and give a semi scared smile.

He laughs and drags me deeper into the house, pushing past others. I try and get a grasp of the scene around me but it's all such a lively blur of colours and people. Zayn takes me into the kitchen, which seems to be less busy than the other rooms, but nonetheless is still crowded with people.

"What do you want?" He asks me, grabbing two red cups.

"Uh, just some lemonade thanks."

Zayn just looks at me and a few people around us laugh.

"Violet," he sighs. "Be cool."

I lower my voice. "I don't drink," I hiss. "You know that."

He looks at me with a cheeky glint in his eye. "Ah, clearly someone's forgotten about the time in Bradford..."

I feel my cheeks go red. "I was trying to."

"Come on, just have something," Zayn pesters. "It's free alcohol."

"Really, I'll pass." Getting drunk that night in Bradford with Zayn and his dodgy friends was not the best moment of my life that I'm proud of. In fact I've pretty much erased it from my memory. I guess it takes something like that to happen to really turn you off alcohol. But, looking around at everyone, I take that as a good thing.

Zayn nudges my arm and I turn back around to find him holding out a cup to me. I look in at the contents and just see lemonade. I raise my eyebrow.

"What? It's what you wanted, wasn't it?"

I nod. I didn't think Zayn would give in that easily. I thought at least he's try convince me. "Thanks," I say, sipping at the juice. I swallow it harshly. That's some damn strong lemonade. Shrugging, I keep sipping.

Zayn just smiles at me, and he looks as if he knows something I don't. "Good?" He asks above the music.

I continue to sip. "Fine...." I say slowly. What is he up to?

He just winks and grabs my hand, sculling back whatever's in his own cup. "Come on, let's go find some people."

I let him drag me out of the kitchen and into the lounge, which seems to be dancing central. Everyone is grinding all over each other, covered in sweat and lust. I try squirm past them when I see a familiar face through the crowd.

"Josh!"

He turns when he hears his name and grins widely, excusing himself from the people he was previously talking to and coming over to Zayn and I. Except, when I look to my side, Zayn is no longer there. I begin to panic.

"Hey!" Josh cries right in my ear. "You look worried?"

"I just ... I lost my boyfriend," I explain, looking around quickly. He was just beside me a second ago, where could he have gone? I'm gonna kill him. I told him to stay with me at all times.

"Oh, bugger. Well, come on, I'll help you find him. I'm sure he isn't far."

I smile at Josh as he puts his hand on my back and gently pushes me away from the bustling crowd. We start walking down the hallway, away from the music, and I can finally hear myself think. I sip my lemonade.