53; Sheets, Autumn Leaves and Craziness

Violet

"Do you mind if I order in?" Liam yells from the kitchen.

I sit on his bed, his sheets wrapped around my body that's covered in just his t-shirt. "That's fine!" I manage to yell back as my entire body shakes.

What the hell did I just do?

I couldn't quite process it without the heaving guilt in my stomach. I had just slept with Liam. I had just had sex with Liam Payne.

But did I regret it? Not quite. I mean, not exactly. It was pretty wonderful, to say the least. But being a girl that just lost her virginity a month ago to a boy who walked out on her a month ago, the said boy that I loved, I kind of didn't know how to feel about the whole thing.

So, I just kind of sat there.

He comes back in then, shirtless with nothing but his sweatpants on. I try not to look at his bare chest and remember how my hands were on it just a minute ago, roaming around, tugging at his skin, pressing sweet, light kisses-

"Violet?"

"Hm?" I look up abruptly.

He leans in front of me, smiling. He's hovering over the bed, locking me down as he pins his arms either side of me. The familiar position makes my head spin.

"Everything okay?"

I try push all my thoughts aside. I didn't feel gross or anything, just ... weird. And it was kind of funny, and also kind of upsetting, but all I could think about was Zayn. I felt like I had totally gone behind his back and cheated on him or something. Which was ridiculous, because we had broken up.

"Huh? Oh yeah." I try and give a reassuring nod, but I should've known Liam never would have brought it. "Everything's fine."

He readjusts his position, sitting down beside me on the bed. I hear him sigh. "Violet."

"I-"

He gently places his fingers under my chin and turns my head to face him. He has his other hand on my thigh, his knee resting on my own. I look up at him and all I see is warmth. Warmth in his eyes, in his smile. There is not one negative thing about him.

"I'm sorry," I whisper.

He still has his fingers resting under my chin, as if he's holding me together. And I can't look anywhere but his eyes; they're making me melt. They always do. This is Liam Payne. The boy I've loved ever since I was five years old. And I realise then that certain people are just meant to be in your life, and I'm one of the lucky ones. Because he's still here. He's still fucking here.

"Don't ever apologise to me, Violet Smith," he says lowly.

I swallow thickly. I wanted him to know how much I wanted this, how much I liked what just happened. That I didn't regret any second of it. I wanted him to kiss me again, because I wanted him to know that he could. Whenever he wanted. I just didn't know how. I damn never knew how.

He brings his hand to cup my cheek, gingerly stroking my skin with his thumb. Everything about him is so gentle, and it's been a long time since I've had this kind of care. "What are you thinking about?" He asks softly.

I can still feel his hand on my thigh, the subtle yet mind-blowing touch. It just rests there, but it's enough. It's more than enough. "I'm thinking about how much I like you," I answer truthfully.

Because it was true. I had liked him forever, and I was starting to wonder if maybe I never truly stopped. You can't forget someone like Liam Payne.