Hero License Exams

Ichika's POV

Daddy's been gone for 2 weeks now. Mommy said he was in a city someplace teaching, but he'll be back soon.

"Mommy, when's Daddy coming back?" I asked.

She stopped brewing her coffee and looked at me. "He'll be back soon. A couple months at most."

"What if he isn't back in a couple months?" I worried.

Mommy had a thoughtful face on before, but when I asked that, she started smiling and cracking her knuckles while giving off a dark aura.

"He'll most definitely be back in a few months. I'll make sure of that," she replied.

"Hmmm," I thought a moment before asking another question. "Then, can I call him?"

Mommy thought for a moment too before her face split into an evil grin.
"Sure, here you go," she said handing me the phone. I heard her mutter something like, "That's right, I'm playing the guilty card." Huh. What does that mean?

---------------------------------------------------------

Kaneki's POV

It's been two weeks since I've started working here, and I'm completely and utterly exhausted. Juuzou began jumping student in the halls and stitching them up, and the others have begun to feel like they're missing a trend, so they started approaching Juuzou, and now almost everyone in class 1-A, 1-B, and some students from other years and classes have stitches.

Everyone's been coming to school with more and more bruises thanks to Mr. Arima, though their hand-to-hand combat skills have improved, and most students have learned the basics of how to use swords, guns, knives, etc.

And, as it turns out, Mr. Arima can actually regenerate like a ghoul, but he was taking a medicine to suppress this ability when he was in the CCG. He said that when the time came that he found an opponent who could defeat him or he saw that it was the right time to pass on (such as his battle with Kaneki), he didn't want to regenerate and continue his life of constant darkness and blood.

It is currently my free period, so I don't have anything to do. The staff gave those of us from our world a dorm so we could be close to the school. I was reading a book when my phone started ringing. I picked it up and found it was from Touka.

"Hello?"

"Daddy!"

"Ichika! How've you been doing?"

"I'm good. Mommy said that you're teaching in another city, but you'll be back in a few months."

"Oh, well...it may take more than a few months-"

"I asked Mommy and she started smiling and cracking her knuckles and said she'll make sure your back in a few months."

I gulped, suddenly worried for my life. "I'll try honey, ok?"

"Ok Daddy. I miss you so please come back soon."

I felt guilty after hearing her say that. Damnit Touka, you pulled the guilty card, that's unfair.

"I'll come back a soon as I can ok? So just keep helping Mommy run the cafe."

"Ok! Love you! Bye!"

"Bye!" She hung up after that and I felt even more exhausted than before. I have literally no idea how to get back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~TIMESKIP~~~~~~~~~~~

Midoriya's POV

It's been two weeks since Juuzou and the others have arrived, and already I can feel myself becoming stronger. I have a talent for hand-to-hand combat and I can fight decently with a sword thanks to Mr. Arima, and my afterschool lessons with the others are helping me gain more control of my quirk. Thanks to Mr. Kaneki, I can now use 17% of my quirk without harming myself! And, I too, was jumped by Juuzou in the halls and I now have a line of X's running down my chest. A lot of the girls in class have also started wearing hair clips like the ones Juuzou has.

Apparently, Juuzou didn't use to have a hobby of giving people stitches, but the person named Mr. Shinohara managed to find him this hobby because his previous hobby was, well...killing. Though it seems it worked too well and he started giving everyone stitches.

I was on my way to Mr. Kaneki's room because Kacchan, seeing the improvement of everyone taking the afterschool lessons, decided it wasn't just a waste of time and wanted to join when I heard him talking on the phone.

"Ichika! How've you been doing?"

I couldn't hear the response but Mr. Kaneki sounded worried.

"Oh, well...it may take more than a few months-"

The person on the other end, Ichika, who I've remembered is the name of his daughter, cut him off. I heard Mr. Kaneki gulp.

"I'll try honey, ok?"

I couldn't hear Ichika's reply.

"I'll come back as soon as I can, ok? So just keep helping Mommy run the cafe."

That last response hit me like a tidal wave. I'd gotten so happy having Mr. Kaneki and Mr. Arima here teaching us that I'd completely forgotten that they're trying to get back and that they have family waiting for them.

I heard Mr. Kaneki sigh and I knocked on the door.

"Oh, come in!"

I opened the door and saw Mr. Kaneki holding his phone with a book on his lap.

"I hope I'm not interrupting you." I mumble.

"Oh, no you're fine. I just finished," he told me.

"So, what did you need Midoriya?" he asks.

"Oh! Kacchan wants to join the afterschool lessons," I tell him.

"Kacchan...that's what you call Bakugo right? Well, anyone can join, however that also means anyone can be kicked out. You can tell him that he can join, but if he starts causing trouble, I will have to make him leave," Mr. Kaneki told me.

"Thank you Mr. Kaneki! You've been a lot of help! I hope we're not troubling you at all!"

"It's no trouble really! I used to help teach a young ghoul how to read because her mom thought it was too dangerous for her to go to school, so I'm not completely new to teaching," he replied.

Then, Mr. Aizawa stuck his head in the room.

"We're having a meeting discussing your future as a hero Midoriya, you might want to get back to your classroom. You should also go Kaneki." Then he disappeared and and Mr. Kaneki and I started running towards the 1-A classroom.

One we arrived there, the teachers started explaining about the Hero License Exams, which would allow us to fight villains without getting punished.

"And as for Mr. Kaneki, Mr. Arima, Mr. Nagachika, and Mr. Suzuya, we decided that you could take the exam if you wanted to, but you don't have to," the principal told them.

"Actually, I believe we should take the exam," Mr. Arima announced. "There is a good chance that we were brought here by a quirk, and if so, for a reason. We may need to fight and if so, we should be able to do it with permission. There is also the fact that there have been a lot of attacks on this class so far, and what is to say there won't be any more?"

Mr. Arima made good points with his arguments and it seems the teachers agreed as well.

"Very well, the people from the other world will participate in the hero license exams, though the adults will probably have to take a different one than Mr. Suzuya will," the principal admonished.

"The Hero License Exams will be tough. There will be many challenges and the other students from other schools as well, so for that we need to create Ultimate Moves!" shouted Allmight.

I got super excited about hearing that. Ultimate Moves! Little did I know, how exhausting it was going to be.

I am super sorry for not updating for a few months! I had finals, and then I went on vacation to see my cousins that I have not seen in years and probably won't see for a while again, so I wanted to spend time with them and catch up. I will try to update as often as possible, so please vote and comment if you like the story!