Settling In

3rd Person POV

"Now where to start... How about you Mr. Arima, I'm sure everyone wants to know what you're doing here." Kaneki said.

"Hmmm, well let's see. There's not much I can explain. After the end of our battle, I was just drifting in darkness. I saw a light up ahead and thought it might be some kind of afterlife, but I found myself falling and then landing in a crater with Mr. Suzuya."

"Oh yeah, how did your battle go? No one knows what actually happened down there, but only Kaneki came out alive so everyone assumed he won." Juuzou asked before anyone could stop him.

"Actually... I didn't win. Mr. Arima, after finding out I had no intention of killing him, killed himself. In his last moments, he told me the secrets of the Washuu Clan."

There was an uncomfortable silence until Hide interrupted.

"So, what about you Juuzou? Everyone, was worried when you went missing at Ichika's birthday party. How did you end up here?"

"Oh, well I was "looking" through your pantry Haise to see if you had any snacks. Then there was a weird light coming from your back door and of course I had to know what it was. So I opened the door and the rest is what Mr. Arima said."

"Ok, well how about you go next Kaneki." Hide suggested again.

"Should I start off from when our battle ended Mr. Arima?"

"That would be appreciated," he replied.

"After our battle..."

Kaneki proceeded to explain about how he got married, what happened with Mutsuki and the Dragon, and then about his battle with Furuta. After that he took up his responsibilities as the One Eyed King while also raising a child.

"It's been six and a half years after our battle."

Arima took a moment to digest everything. Then he smiled.

"You've become a fine successor. You should be proud of yourself."

Kaneki started choking up at that. "Thank you Mr. Arima." Kaneki smiled and walked over and hugged Arima.

Arima seemed a bit shocked, but he smiled again and hugged him back.

The 6 students outside the room, eavesdropping, were also smiling.

"And as for me, before your battle with Mr. Arima, Kaneki, I knew he was up ahead and that you wouldn't be able to make it with your current stamina. So I told you to eat me."

The students listening outside the room all gasped.

"Somehow I survived and became the Scarecrow ghoul. I actually didn't have a way of speaking until the man, Kouitsu Chigyou, made me this speaking device. After you died, the most I did was help Touka dig Kaneki out from the Dragon. Then I became Uncle Hide!" Hide said cheerfully.

"Two more questions Kaneki. One, what happened to the quinx squad? And two, what do you mean by "what happened with Mutsuki?" Arima inquired.

Kaneki look down. "Well, after Shirazu d-died, I wasn't...the most supporting because I just got my memories back. After you died and I left to be with Touka, it drove Mutsuki insane. He got the same the same illness thing that we have that made our hair turn white due to stress, and he joined Furuta. Soon after, his insanity caused him to attack Touka. He nearly killed my wife and unborn child, but I turned into the Dragon. I don't know much about what transpired during that time, but according to Urie and Saiko, they managed to get him to calm down. He came to my hospital bed and apologized later on. The squad held a funeral and we officially buried Shirazu."

"I see...thank you for telling me." Arima replied, gratefully.

Kaneki smiled. "Oh, and if you were wondering, it turns out Akihiro Kanou turned Investigator Amon into a one-eyed ghoul. He and Investigator Mado got married."

Arima nodded, grateful. He was happy to know that all the people he cared about were living good lives.

"By the way...should we deal with the 6 students waiting outside, eavesdropping?" Juuzou interrupted once again.

Then the door flung open. "We weren't eavesdropping! We were just...cleaning the door. Yeah that's right, we were just cleaning the door!"

It's the annoying blond kid from before, Kaneki thought.

Kendo hit him on the head again. "I'm sorry about this guy's stupidity again."

"Ok, let's start with introductions. From class 1-B first!"

"I'm Itsuka Kendo."

"And my name is Neito Momoma. Ahahahahahaha!"

"And from class 1-A please!"

"I'm Fumikage Tokoyami."

"I'm Tsuyu Asui, but you can call me Tsu."

"I'm Shoto Todoroki."

"And I'm Izuku Midoriya. It's nice to meet you!"

"It's nice to meet you too. My name is Hideyoshi Nagachika, but you can call me Mr. Hide."

"My name's Ken Kaneki. You can call me Mr. Kaneki, or use a slight variation to that."

He chuckled, remembering how Shirazu would call him Mr. Sass (pronounced as Sauce).

"And from today onwards, we'll be your afterschool teachers!"

"Hey Kaneki, I remember you said you have a daughter. Do you have any pictures of her?" Arima asked.

"Oh, yes, right here." Kaneki said as he pulled out his phone. He typed in his password and swiped his screen several times until reaching a picture of a girl with gray and white hair and indigo eyes. He showed the picture to Arima and the students.

 He showed the picture to Arima and the students

Arima smiled again. "You have a beautiful daughter. I'm sure she'll grow to be an amazing person."

"Thanks. Actually, in several months, she's going to be a big sister," Kaneki said bashfully.

"Seriously Kaneki, when do you have time to work when you're always doing you-know-what with your wife," Hide teased.

"H-Hide, there are kids here," Kaneki said, starting to blush.

"Alright, alright, fine. I'll stop picking on you till there are no kids around," Hide reluctantly gave in.

Suddenly, a thought came to Kaneki. "Hey, do you kids have phones here?"

"Yeah, why do you ask?" Midoriya wondered.

"That means there's signal here!" Kaneki started tapping his screen until it showed his contacts. He selected one and the phone rang for a few seconds until the person on the other end picked up.

"Hello?"

"Touka!"

Finally! The end of chapter 6 has arrived! I'm sorry if it's boring, but you can't just have the guy who died 6 years ago suddenly appear be like: "Who cares what happened while I was gone; it doesn't matter if it doesn't involve me!" So there has to be a chapter where they catch up. I promise the next chapter will have more action. I'll stop talking now and get on with the next chapter. Bye!