Chapter 5- "Are You Avoiding Me?"

Chapter 5-"Are you avoiding me?"

It wasn't hard to take the hint really. I knew he was avoiding me, but why? I had been lazing around for the past two weeks with nothing to do but help my sister with her Oxford application.

Summer break was almost over and I needed a job. Not for the dependancy of our survival, but just to keep me busy. I mean, we had enough money to keep us in a mansion for the rest of our lives. The closest thing to a job was a waitress at Starbucks down the street, or working at the cinema by sweeping up trash in the theatres.

Everytime I would see Harry he would turn away and act like I wasn't there. I didn't know what I did or what I said, but I know it was something. I kept pondering to myself if he had caught on to my lie I told a few weeks ago when Mona first moved in.

"Mona, what did I do wrong?" I asked her at random, while she sat at the bar, munching on a bowl of Captain Crunch cereal.

"What do you mean?" She asked, setting her spoon down.

"Harry has been avoiding me on purpose for the past few weeks and I don't know why," I sighed, fiddling with my shirt nervously.

"Well what was the last thingyou said to him?" She asked.

"I don't know, It was the night that i talked to you, you know when you came in my room, but then left without a word," i said playfully glaring at her.

Her face scrunched up in confusion. "What? Came to talk to you? No, Phoebe, I didn't," She said with a sad look on her face.

"Yes, you did! I swear you did! You came and sat on the bed and when I finished talking to you, you got up and left," I informed her with a knowing smirk.

"I'm so sorry, but that wasn't me, Phoebe, haen't we discussed this already?" She asked. I thought about it and shook my head.

"What are you two fussing about?" Penelope asked, entering the kitchen lazily, and flopping down onto a bar stool.

"Apparently, Mona wasn't the one who came upstairs to conole me a few weeks ago," I sighed.

"When? You mean when all of the guys were here? and we had dinner together?" She asked.

I nodded.

"You aren't going tolike what I am about totell you then," She said, her face shifting into a sad frown.

"What?"

"I didn't see Mona in there with you when I cam upstairs, I saw Harry," She said uneasily. She turned to Mona whose mouth was agape.

"I've ruined everything!" I pounded my fist into the table angrily.

Harry's POV

I sighed, running a hand through my curls as I layed on the couch. "A whole week, Harry, that is a record," Louis said as he walked by.

"Why would she lie?"

"To protect you, to avoid getting discovered, bcause she didn't know you yet, lots of reasons, Harry. She didn't want to pull you into something you couldn't handle, she cared about you Harry," He said.

"But what if she was lying about everything else, I'll never be able to trust her again," I said, sitting up and facing him, he was pulling his coat on and strightening his hair in the mirror.

"There is always a reason, Harry. If you really like her, give her a second chance, she might have had no other choice but to lie to you, you never know, just talk to her," he said. The door opened and he walked out, waving before replying that he was visiting Eleanor.