Chapter 1- Moving On

I zipped up my large suitcase and looked at the clock on my bedroom wall. 

2:15AM

"Ugh," I groaned, rubbing my forehead, it was too early for this. Unfortunately, our plane lifted off at 4:30 am. I sighed and stuck my pillow pet under my arm. I looked into my parents' empty room one last time. Jackie's bedroom door slowly swung open revealing the tiny 5 year old, eyes bloodshot from our night of crying. 

She managed to smile at me as I opened the front door, revealing a dark sky. I loaded our belongings in the back of my Jeep and Jackie found her place in the front seat. I buckled my seat belt before cranking up the car and pulling out of our short driveway.

"Bye Azusa, see ya never," I whispered to myself.

LAX was dark and almost empty looking when we arrived, which isn't unusual for 3:15 in the morning. We quickly checked our luggage in and hopped into the TSA line. 

"Okay Jackie, we have forty-five minutes until we have to board the plane, so we need to go get food and drinks, you have your iPod in the carry-on, right?" I asked.

She nodded her head, pointing to the right-side pocket of her Vera Bradley bag. I nodded and pulled her over to a starbucks and she pulled a salad and a small carton of milk. I ordered a mocha cookie crumble and decided to grab a sandwich at Subway. Jackie smiled up at me as I payed  for the food.

I ran to Subway and quickly ordered a sandwich and then we walked back to our gate, with five minutes to spare. I smiled in victory at the time I had made it. Soon we were called to the gates and I handed them mine and Jackie's tickets.

The lady smiled at me as we moved into the terminal and filed into the plane. I sighed and watched Jackie plop into her seat as I set our carry-ons above us. 

I powered my phone off after the attendant announced that we were taking off soon. I buckled my seat belt and so did Jackie.

After the plane was in the air to a point high enough, Jackie turned her iPad on and handed me a set of head phones that were plugged into it.

She began playing one of our favorite shows. One that she didn't quite understand but still loved it . 

The Big Bang Theory.

While she was engulfed in the show, I connected my phone to the airplanes wireless. And checked our hair appointment dates. My golden blond hair would soon be a dark brown. And Jackie's beautiful bright blond hair would be a dark brown.

I needed to visit the Department of Human Resources to change our names. It was going to be sad, not being able to go by Francesca anymore. But at least I wouldn't have to deal with the pain of remembering that my parents called me that everyday.

It was going to be a new life for us.

*=====================================================*

I looked over to the seat next to me and just noticed that a very attractive boy had sat next to me and was now, playing Temple Run on his iPhone. He had a mess of curly hair that was swept over to the left, his skin was slightly tanned except for the white line on his wrist where I guess he had worn bracelets. 

He looked up at me for a moment before awkwardly extending out his hand, "My name is Harry, and you are?"

"Um..." Oh crap! "I'm... Phebe, My name is Phoebe," I said nervously as I shook his hand.