Chapter 38: Running from you ~PART 1~

*3rd Person*

“Itachi, so great to see you again.” Lilita murmurs, staring him straight in the eyes.

The man just looks at her, not uttering a word. His grip tightens on his katana and he shifts his gaze between the two blondes.

“Are you really going to kill her, hmm? Even though you two are practically family!” Deidara shouts, glaring at the raven.

Itachi’s eyes soften ever so slightly, but quickly regain their hard edge.

“Deidara, I would like you to leave this place at once. I can handle him.” Lilita orders, not letting her stare stray away from the man sent to kill her.

“What?! I can’t just leave and let you get killed, un!” Deidara shouts, his body shaking with rage.

The red eyed woman sighs and disappears, reappearing in front of Deidara, a hard and angry look in her eyes.

“I need you to leave, now, and go somewhere far away from here. I don’t want you to look back, just keep running. Go, now.” Lilita instructs, pushing him away.

When he doesn’t leave, she grabs him by the wrist and pulls him close to her face. “Get out of here, now.” She growls, her lips pressing roughly against his.

When they pull away, Deidara disappears into a puff of smoke. “Now, Itachi, what have you come here to do?”

“I think you know exactly what I came to do.”

“Touché. Now, if your so keen on killing me, why don’t we get to it?” Lilita smirks, her hands reaching for some kunai.

Taking her invitation, the raven disappears in a flash, leaving only an empty space. Just in time, she turns around to counter his attack, metal clashing against metal.

Countering another attack, Lilita mumbles under her breath. “Here’s hoping I survive this.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So sorry for the extremely long wait. I would give some lame excuse but in reality, life was just really time consuming lately. Anywho, here's a little part of chapter 38. This was originally just going to be one part, but I wanted to give you guys a little something soon instead of making you wait until the end of the month, so it will be in two parts. Thanks for reading and I hope you all enjoyed. Comments and votes are greatly appreciated.

~SilentInnocence