Chapter 37: Never be the same

A/N: So, here it is! The next chapter for Burn! I apologize for the wait. School just started last week and I was busy getting adjusted. Anywho, I hope you all enjoy and comment and continue to read. Also, since I don't usually dedicate chapters to people, I would like to dedicate this to all my amazing fans and readers. =) Enjoy the chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 37: Never be the same

*Lilita’s P.o.V.*

“He’s….dead?” I manage to croak, surprise filling his voice.

“Yeah.” Sasuke laughs.

“You’re lying!” I snap, glaring up at him.

“Am I? Do you really think I would lie to you about something like that? Now what kind of person would I be if I did that?”

I just glare at him and start to walk away, heading in my previously direction towards Kusagakure. A hand wraps around my wrist and jerks me back, the action pulling me face to face with the raven.

“How about I just get right down to business?” Sasuke states.

“How about you let me go and before I have to kill you?” I retort, keeping on my brave face and hiding my emotions. I was getting quiet good at it and now, I’m not so sure it’s a mask anymore.

“I’ll take that as a yes.” Sasuke grins evilly, not letting my reply. “All I need you to do is tell me where Itachi is and then I’ll leave you be. Simple as that.”

Tugging myself away, I am finally able to breathe properly. Taking a deep breath, I let the lies roll off my tongue.

“Last I saw of him he was a few miles away from Suna. That’s your best bet as where to find him.” I shrug, turning away and leaving.

Just before I get out of the clearing, Sasuke appears in front of me, his head right next to my ear.

“Just a piece of advice,” Sasuke whispers, his whole demeanour changing. “I wouldn’t just give up everything you love and care for because your scared. It’s better to face the bad things than run away from them.” Sasuke leans back, gives me a look and then disappears into thin air.

Tilting my head down to the ground, a small tear escapes my eye. “Thank you, Sasuke.”

With that, I changed my direction and began running back towards Amegakure.

Back to Deidara.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*3rd Person*

She hid in the shadows, using them to her advantage, as she waited for him to return back to his room. She had slipped in undetected but unbeknownst to her, her former leader already knew she was here.

The door creaked open and she held her breath, scared as to how he might react to seeing her again. Watching him from the shadows, she watched as he kicked his door closed, pulling his Akatsuki cloak off of his body.

Slipping his shirt over his head, he angrily threw it to the floor before breaking down completely, sliding down his door and to the floor. His head fell into his hands and soft sobs could soon be heard.

The sobs soon stops and the room becomes silent. A whizzing sound fills the room and a kunai zooms through the air and towards where she was hidden. She catches it just in the nick of time, the blade held aloft between her delicate fingers.