Chapter 36: Bounty

Wow! Another chapter so soon? That's a surprise, even for me. Anyways, school is starting in about a week so I am trying to get this story done as fast as possible without rushing it to much. Sorry if it does seem kind of rushed, I tried my best to stay away from that. I hope you all enjoy this chapter and leave your comments and vote. It means a lot to me.

~SilentInnocence

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 36: Bounty

*3rd Person*

Back at the Akatsuki base, things were quiet. No one knew how to deal with the loss and betrayal of one of their finest members and trusted friend. Deidara was still heartbroken as ever and was venting with anger, snapping at anyone who came near him.

Soon enough, everyone just chose to ignore him and leave him be.

A few days have passed since the incident, and things still haven’t gone completely back to normal. All the members, even Hidan, were affected by Lilita’s disappearance.

Only three people knew the real reason of her betrayal, one of them a certain plant man.

“Deidara, I need to have a word with you. Itachi as well.” Pein speaks up before disappearing back into the shadows.

The two mentioned look at each other before standing up and heading into Pein’s office, curious as to what he had to say.

“Deidara, I know you know the true reason behind her defection.” Pein elaborates on the word ‘defection’, staring at said man with hard eyes.

“Yes, that is correct.” Deidara mutters, his gaze empty.

“Itachi, you are one of the people that was closest to Lilita. She trusts you and that is why I will be sending you to hunt her down and kill her.” Pein orders, leaving no room for negotiation.

“You can’t kill her!” Deidara snaps, all his pent up anger exploding.

“I’m afraid we have to. She is a liability to the Akatsuki.” Pein stands his ground and keeps his voice firm. “I would send you but since you were…. romantically affiliated with her, you would just get in the way. That’s why I am sending Itachi.”

“Understood.” Itachi mumbles, his voice emotionless as always.

“Deidara, you will be going on a mission with Tobi while Itachi deals with the traitor. You are dismissed.”

The two men turn and are just about to leave but Pein’s next words stop them in their tracks.

“I don’t expect you to bring her back. It would be better if you just terminated her.” Pein orders, turning around in his chair.

“I understand, Leader.” Itachi states before exiting the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Lilita’s P.o.V.*

I have been running for four days, taking breaks in small villages along the way before continuing on. This morning, I had just left Ishigakure and am now heading to Kusagakure.

I’ve decided that to keep the Akatsuki of my tail for the most part, I would keep moving around until I got to a safe place. My travel plans so far were to go to Kusagakure, then Takigakure, then to Otogakure to go and hopefully kill Orochimaru, then pass through the Land of Fire then through Amegakure and finally to Suna.

Originally, my route was going to go through Iwa but I decided against it, fearing that it would bring back memories.

Continuing on my journey, I get the weird feeling of being watched. My skin starts crawling but I just shrug it off and continue on my way. A few minutes later, I come a big field and cautiously make my way into it, the feeling of being watched only getting stronger.