Chapter 9: I told you that you couldn't beat me, didn't I?

*Deidara’s P.o.V.*

“Deidara, Pein wants to see you in his office.” Kisame informs me.

I sit up on my bed to see Kisame standing by my door. “Yeah, I’ll be right there.” I mumble quietly as I get up.

“Hey, she’ll be fine. She is Lilita after all. You know she can take care of herself.” Kisame pats me on the back as I walk past him.

“I know.” I say quietly as I walk down the hall and to Pein’s office. I knock softly and wait for the muffled ‘enter’. Pushing the door open, I walk in, close it behind me and stand in front of Pein’s desk.

“Sit.” Pein orders. I quickly sit down in the chair beside me.

“You wanted to see me, un?”

“Yes, it is concerning Lilita.” Pein says, his eyes glinting in the darkness.

“What about her, yeah?” I bite harshly, but quickly regain my tongue.

“I want you, Itachi and Hidan to go after her and retrieve her.” Pein explains. My mood suddenly perks up at the news of going to get Lilita. “But you will not be going immediately.” My mood just dropped again.

“Why can’t we go get her now?!” I shout angrily, standing up and pounding my fists on his desk.

“Deidara. Control yourself.” Pein warns so I sit back down. “If you would have let me finish, I was gonna tell you the reason.”

“Fine, go on, un.” I grumble.

“I want to figure out what Orochimaru wants with Lilita so we need to find a way to contact her and keep tabs. You will be leaving two weeks from now.”

“Two weeks?!” I shout, my fists clenching in anger. “Why can’t we go now, un?”

“Like I said, I want to find out what he wants. So, you and Itachi must find a way to contact her. You are dismissed.” Pein waves his hand as he goes back to what he was doing before.

I stand up angrily and walk over to the door, opening it and slamming it shut behind me. I stalk down the halls until I reach Itachi’s room. I start pounding furiously on the door, waiting for Itachi to open.

The door swings open and there stands a annoyed Itachi. “What?” Itachi growls. I glare at him as I push past him, into his room.

“We need to find a way to contact Lilita. Pein’s orders, mm.” I grumble as I sit down on a nearby chair.

“I have already figured it out.” Itachi says as he sits on his bed.

“How are we gonna do it, un?” I ask.

“I’ll send one of my crows to keep an eye on her. She will be able to speak with it via her wolf.” Itachi does a hand sign, summoning a crow. A couple seconds later, a pitch black crow with red eyes flies into the room.

“Hurry up and send it to her, yeah.” I say impatiently.

“Shut up.” Itachi glares at me as the crow lands on his arm. The crow and Itachi have a staring contest for a few minutes before it flies out the door. “It’s done."

~~~~~~~~~

~~~~~~~~~

*Lilita’s P.o.V.*

“Wake up.” Sasuke shakes my side in his attempt to wake me up. He’s been at it for about 15 minutes and I’m still half-way asleep. Such a failure he is.