Chapter Twenty

Chapter Twenty

~Niall’s POV~

Do I fancy Brielle? Good question… she’s certainly more than a friend to me, and I certainly love her, but do I fancy her romantically?...

“Liam, I honestly think I might, but I’m not sure yet… she’s certainly extremely special to me, but I don’t know how she feels” I frowned

Liam smiled widely, “Really? I think she fancies you…”

“I wish I knew for sure” I mumbled

“Only one way to find out, Nialler” Liam said as he patted my back gently.

“No… Well, not right now, anyway.” I whispered

“It’s alright, don’t rush things, you’ll figure it out eventually” Liam smiled, “Now, we should probably get her back to bed”

“Alright… And thanks” I said as I held Brielle in my arms and tried my hardest not to wake her up. She looked so beautiful, even with her skin abnormally pale, even with her hair all knotted and messed up, even though she had no makeup on, and even though her eyes were puffy from crying; she was still absolutely stunning. I carried her upstairs in her room and gently placed her in her bed and tucked her in. I was about to go to my room, but I didn’t have the heart to leave her, what if she woke up crying again? I slid into bed next to her and gently moved her closer to me. I drifted to sleep thinking about what it would be like if she was all mine, if she would even want to be mine…

~Brielle’s POV~

“Stay away from me!” I screamed as I tried to run away from the dark shadow with a knife. I could feel it chasing me, but my legs felt like I was moving in slow motion. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t get far enough away, it was always right behind me, and even when I couldn’t see it, I could feel it. It didn’t take long for this thing to catch up to me; it grabbed me by the hair and stabbed me with the knife, over and over again, but each stab wasn’t physically painful, no, not at all, each stab was something I had been called over and over again; worthless, selfish, loser, loner, ugly, fat, stupid, disgusting… Each word haunted me until the creature finally stopped the attacks and whispered in my ear “Do it”, then faded away, dropping the knife on the floor in front of me. I instinctively picked it up and stabbed myself over and over again, but this time, each stab took away the pain… it felt like things were better. When I finally finished, the creature was back again, looking over my shoulder, refusing to go away. Running was useless; I knew what was going to happen next….

I sucked in a huge amount of air and my eyes flashed open; I looked down at my body and there were no stab wounds; I let out a sigh of relief, it was only a dream I told myself. Surprisingly, that wasn’t the first time I had that dream, but each time it seems to be more and more frightening. I shook the thoughts out of my head and rolled over… something was missing. Niall wasn’t in my bed, but there was a note:

“Going to get some breakfast for us, be back soon!

Love, Nialler

I sighed and rolled out of bed; Woody was still asleep in his little dog house, so I tip toed past him and grabbed my cell phone off the desk. I checked the news and remembered that it was Father’s Day… guilt surged through my body, I was a horrible daughter; even if he was mean to me, I deserved it… I should call him, he’s still my father. I clutched my phone and left my room. All of the lights in the hallway were off and everyone seemed to be asleep, other than Niall. I snuck out the back door and walked down towards the beach. I took a few deep breaths and finally gathered up the courage to do it…