Chapter Seventeen

Chapter Seventeen

~Niall's POV~

Holy mother of deliciousness! I can't remember the last time I had a home-cooked meal this amazing! Man! That girl can cook! I took another mouthful of delicious loaded mashed potatoes; these potatoes were better than anything I've ever tasted.... well maybe not Nando's.... but close... very close.

"Oh my god, I'm in love" I mumbled as I shoved some more in my mouth.

"I'm glad you like it, now mouth closed!" Brielle demanded with a laugh

"Yes, mommy direction" I mumbled again

"Mommy direction?" she asked with her eyebrows raised

I swallowed the large clump of potatoes in my mouth, "Yeah, I was going to say you pulled a daddy direction, but you're not a boy, so therefore you pulled a mommy direction" I cheerfully explained.

"Alrighty then, Nialler." she rolled her eyes and laughed.

I happily ate some more of my food, it was absolutely delicious. When I finished what was on my plate I went back for seconds... and thirds... and fourths... but then I stopped once I heard Brielle say the magic words: "I'm making deserts too!"

"Thank you for the lovely dinner, Brielle." Liam smiled and all of us nodded in agreement.

"It was no problem at all, it was actually kind of fun... It reminds me of... well, I'm going to get started on desert!" she muttered as she began clearing off the table and heading towards the kitchen.

I had a good idea of what she was going to say after "it reminds me of", but the boys didn't seem to have a clue. They looked at each other, as if they were all asking the same silent question, and then they turned to me... probably assuming I knew what it was, which was partially true; I shrugged and left the table. I was about to go upstairs and check on Woody, but when I turned around I saw him chasing his tail at the foot of the steps.

I chuckled and called him over, "Here, Woody!"

He scampered over to me and jumped around playfully as I moved my hands around him. I was so glad I talked the other guys into getting her a dog; I knew she would like a dog better, that and they were just so much more playful. Harry wanted a cat though, maybe as a birthday gift or something we could get him one, but for now, I think we were all pretty content having Woody around. He was surprisingly obedient for a puppy. After a few minutes of playing, he ran off to go explore the rest of the house; I stood up and went to go check on Brielle in the kitchen.

"Hey, Briellerz! How's desert coming?" I smiled

"Fine" she said with her voice cracking a bit.

"Brielle? What's wrong?" I asked

"Nothing" she replied without turning around to face me