Chapter 20 (Emmie's POV)

After a few days I am finally able to leave the hospital. I hate it there. I don't think I got a full nights rest the whole time I was there. The nurse wheels me out of the hospital where Ben is waiting for me. She hands him another folded up wheelchair for me to take with me. When we get to the car Ben easily lifts me up and sets me in the car. I smile at him and tell the nurse thanks before she leaves. He throws the chair in the back and gets in the drivers seat. This is the first time we have really been alone together since I was hospitalized. I hope it goes well. He's quiet for awhile. I decide to break the silence.

"Well, maybe I can finally get some sleep in a comfortable bed." I smile at him.

"Maybe. Look Emmie, I am so sorry."

"Why are you sorry? You did nothing wrong."

"I'm sorry for not being there when you needed me. I should've been there, I shouldn't have left you alone. I feel like shit because of this."

"Ben, you tried. You begged me to come with you but I refused. That's my fault not yours."

"But I should've drove faster. If I got there earlier you wouldn't of been out for so long."

"Maybe not but that is just putting yourself in danger. I don't want that. I'm alive and so are you. It could be a hell of a lot worse."

"You were out for 5 fucking days Emmie. I was going crazy. I thought that you were going to die. And it would've been my fault." I see tears start to run down his face.

"Ben, pull over." He looks at me weird. "Just pull over please." He does and I look at him "If I died, it wouldn't of been your fault. It would've been his. None of this is your fault. You tried to keep me from being alone and I refused it. If anything, it's my fault. Do NOT feel guilty about this. I love you too much to let you feel bad about what my father has done." I grab his shirt and pull him closer so I can kiss him. He kisses back harder. I throw my arms around his neck. He pulls back.

"Lets wait till we get back to the bus for this baby. I don't want to hurt you."

"Okay." I kiss him again and smile. I can't wait to get back.