Danny's POV

I can’t believe Ben actually is staying with that girl at the hospital. I mean he doesn’t even know her name. She is beautiful and all but going through all that? Oh well. He has always been kind of girlish. I hear my phone go off and I look down to see that it’s Ben. Wonder what he wants. 

“Hey, what do you need?”

*Hey, umm… I’m a little ways out. When I get there can you come out and meet me? I have to talk to you about something.*

“Why can’t you just tell me now?”

*I don’t have much time. Fuck. I gotta go. I’ll be there in a little bit.* And he hangs up. What the fuck could he want. I grab my cigarettes and walk out of the bus. I sit on the step and light up. Before long I see Ben’s car pull up. I look through the windshield and see not only him. What the hell could he want? They both get out of the car and I see that it’s the girl from the show. Poor girl looks all beat up. Black eye, and she’s limping a little. It looks like she’s been crying. 

“So Ben, what do you need?” He looks down a little and then starts talking.

“I was wondering if Emmie could stay with us for a little while…” 

“For how long Benny boy?”

“I don’t know. I can’t let her go back home. Not for awhile anyway.”

“Why?” He turns to who I guess is Emmie. 

“Hun, you wanna tell him?” She sighs then nods. She begins to talk.

“My father abuses me. Both mentally and physically. My mom just ignores what happens. I have been hospitalized many times because of it. Ben found out and told me he didn’t want me to go home. I wasn’t planning on going home anytime soon as it was. I was going to stay in a hotel for a week as a break. I don’t have to stay around. I can leave” When she finishes she looks down. I can’t help it.

“Of course you can stay. I don’t want any fan of ours to be forced to go back to a dangerous situation. No dangerous that what we are. Also, we haven’t been properly introduced” I give Ben an annoyed look at this “I’m Danny.”

“I’m Emmie. It’s so nice to meet you. And thank you so much for letting me stay.” She says as she holds out her hand. 

“Oh Emmie, We’re more of hugging people around here.” I pull her into a big hug. She laughs and hugs back. Ben looks kinda upset so I hold out one of my arms. “Come on Benny boy. You can join too.” He joins in and Emmie just laughs. She seems like an awesome girl. I think this is going to be fun.