Chapter 24: Dressing Room Confessions

DIANA

"Hey, how does this look?"

I absentmindedly turned to look at Lexi, who stood staring at her reflection skeptically. She wore a white lace dress that went down to her mid-thigh and bore no sleeves. The front was simple and modest, sporting a neckline that went up to her collarbones, making the sight of cleavage impossible. The only thing that redeemed the dress from appearing too boring was the sexy triangle cut in the back that showed off her back, as well as the way it molded to Lexi's body perfectly. Overall it gave off a nice classy, but sexy look; and it was so Lexi.

"Perfect," I finally replied, and her green eyes locked with mine. I could tell by the way they glittered that  she'd been thinking the same thing.

"Alright then, looks like I've got myself a homecoming dress," she said, and her smile transformed into an excited grin.

I smiled back in response, and she went back into her dressing room to change back into her clothes. When she came out again, she had her hands on her hips and there was a mischievous twinkle in her eye. I narrowed my own, knowing what that could only mean.

"Your turn," she then said and I groaned in response.

"Lexiii—" I started to argue but she shushed me with a look.

"We're getting a dress for you and that's final," she replied crisply, and I knew there was no changing her mind.

Sighing, I mumbled, "But he hasn't even asked me to homecoming yet..."

Abruptly, she stopped, and I only barely stopped myself from bumping into her back. She turned around then, and her eyes were wide as she repeated disbelievingly, "Luke hasn't asked you to homecoming yet?"

I shrugged. "The topic just never came up."

"But homecoming's in two weeks!" she continued disbelievingly.

Again, I shrugged. "I've never really cared much for homecoming anyway."

"You do know that your boyfriend's on the football team though, right? Have you ever even been to any of the games?"

I blushed guiltily, not answering. I did know that Luke was on the football team, but what with the whole Aiden situation going on I didn't really have much time to think about whether or not Luke was playing well on the field. Besides, the whole cheerleading thing wasn't really my forte. I didn't even really like football!

I noticed Lexi smirk before replying, "We're going to have to change that—starting this week."

I wanted to argue with that but I knew Lexi was right. I was going to have to start being more attentive to Luke if I wanted us to really work out, and if that meant going to his football games and being his cheerleader then so be it...

"You know we're not officially a couple yet," I said then, referring back to when she'd called Luke my boyfriend.

She rolled her eyes. "Semantics. You two pretty much have been since the moment you both laid eyes on each other."

Even though I scoffed, I couldn't help blushing yet again. It was weird, to think I was so close to having a boyfriend. This was unfamiliar territory to me, and I still had no idea how to deal with all of this. How pathetic was that?

"Alright, let's find that dress, shall we?" Lexi's voice rose perkily in total excitement. Already, I could tell by the look in her eyes that the only thing she was thinking about now was the loads of dresses she was going to have me try on.

Oh, great.

With that, she grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the dress racks and I wondered yet again whether or not it was a good idea to have agreed to letting her do this to me.