Chapter 37: Now He Knows

DIANA

We arrived at the hotel in a little under fifteen minutes after we'd stopped talking. As we pulled up, I had to refrain from gawking at how luxurious the place was. I was reminded yet again of how rich Aiden actually was—and how there was never really any need for him to stay at my house in the first place.

Aiden pulled up to the front of the hotel, and immediately, a valet boy opened the door for him.

"Good evening, Mr. Vaughan," he welcomed him formally. Another valet boy opened my door for me, and I awkwardly stepped out, not accustomed to this type of treatment at all.

I went around to Aiden's side and immediately gasped as I remembered the fact that Aiden was shirtless and bandaged and totally bloody. Oh holy hell what must they be thinking? I wondered to myself in horror. I glanced at the two valet boys—one of them, the one who opened the door for Aiden, appeared to be unfazed by his appearance. The other man wasn't quite so subtle as he openly stared at Aiden. However, to his credit he said nothing about his startling appearance.

Aiden looked at me, and I gave him a look, trying to make him notice how horrible he looked right now. He still didn't get it.

"Aiden you're shirtless and bloody—you can't go in there looking like that!" I whispered frantically.

He looked down at himself, as if just noticing that he looked like a crazy person, before looking back up at me and shrugging.

"I'm paying these guys a shit ton of money to stay here. I honestly don't care what they think," he said confidently before striding into the lobby. I groaned, now fully embarrassed, before shamefully following behind him.

I tried to keep my head down and not look like I was associated with him as we made the long walk from the front doors to the elevators. My ears reddened as I became aware of all the strange looks and startled whispers as very professional looking people openly judged Aiden. Yet Aiden seemed unfazed by it all. How the hell does he do that?

Finally, we reached the elevators, where an attendant was standing by primly.

"Hello Mr. Vaughan, will you be going up to your suite?" he asked in a pleasant voice.

Did everyone here know his name?

"Yes, my friend and I here will be," Aiden said, obviously implying me.

The man's eyes shifted over to me curiously, and he nodded a greeting. Not knowing what else to do, I nodded back. He pressed the "up" button then and there was a ding as the elevator arrived.

"Oh also, Hank? I'm going to need some bandages and a first aid kit to be sent up," Aiden called out before stepping into the elevator. I stepped in behind him.

"Of course, Mr. Vaughan. Have a pleasant evening." And with that the elevator doors closed.

It was just the two of us in the elevator, and once again we simply stood there in silence. There were fifty floors, and guess where Aiden's room was? Of course—the fiftieth. As we waited for the elevator to slowly move up to our destination, I became aware that for the first time since he'd arrived at my house, I felt unbearably awkward. I remembered then, that the last time I'd seen him I'd basically told him I never wanted to see him again.

Well I suppose the awkwardness was completely justified...

"Hey Aiden," I said, mustering up the courage to look at him and say what I was about to say.