Stabbed in the Back

Leni POV:

After a couple of hours, Mom and Dad took..Lily and I towards the hospital to see Luan. She should be waking up soon and we all wanted to see her..but it'll take Lincoln longer since he needed to gain more energy from being in his coma. As we entered, I tried to keep from gasping..Luan was pale and she had bandages covering her stomach and arms. 

"My baby.." Mom said softly.

"It's okay honey. We can get a restraining order against the others so nothing like this can happen again. I wish that we could've discovered what they've done sooner." Dad said.

We slowly moved over to Luan and stood there for hours until I heard some footsteps approaching. When I turned around...it was Maggie and she looked shocked at Luan's position.

"How's she doing?" She asked.

"She's doing fine. The doctor said that she will wake up any minute now." I Said. After a couple of minutes...Luan's face started to scrunch up and her hands twitched. Eventually she opened her eyes...and looked at us with dead looking eyes...unnerving us since Luan was so lively and sweet. 

"Luan? How are you feeling?" Mom Said.

"I feel like my body's on fire. And my stomach hurts." Luan Said.

"That's normal sweetheart after getting your stomach pumped." Dad said.

"Where are the others?" Luan Asked.

"They're in jail Luan...they were sent there because..." I started, but stopped and signaled Maggie to finish my Sentence.

"They were the ones who made your life..a living hell." Maggie Said.

"What are you talking about?" Luan Asked. Maggie and I looked at each other before I relented and nodded.

"Luan...Lori and the others posted all of your secrets on Lynn's social media page. They also posted what happened last April Fool's Day." I Said. Luan's eyes widened and she tightly grabbed  the blanket that covered her before she looked at us with a hurt expression on her face.

"But why...Why would they do that?" Luan Asked.

"Because they thought that you got them in trouble when it was actually me. Luan...You're one of my friends and I couldn't let them hurt you like that scot-free." Maggie Said.

"I...I can't believe that my life was ruined...by the very people that I loved the most. I helped them with their own problems and they did this to me." Luan said as tears started to go down her face.

"But there's good news...Lincoln woke up yesterday." I Said.

"How's that good news? Lincoln probably hates me too." Luan Said.

"He doesn't. He knows that you didn't mean to cripple him and looked upset when he didn't see you when he woke up." I Said.

"R..Really?" Luan Asked.

"Yep. And when he heard what the others and was disgusted by their actions." Mom said.

"At least he doesn't hate me...can't speak for the others though." Luan Said.

"We also talked to the principal at your school Luan and every student there except for Maggie will be punished for their actions." Mom added.

"Sigh...When will I be able to see Lincoln?" Luan Asked.

"Soon. The doctor says that you should stay in bed until your stomach heals. And he even offered us a prescription of anti depressants for you." Dad said.

We kept talking to each other before we had to leave. I knew that this was only the beginning of a long journey to help Lincoln and Luan recover from their ordeals. But we should be able to pull through...

As long as we stay together.

Author Notes:

How was the chapter?

Any suggestions?

Bye 👋