Remorse

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-J1ADlO_ijA

I don't own the song (by Phil Collins) and the lyric video that I got the lyrics from. 

As the Loud sisters were placed in the police van, they started to think of Luan and what they did to her. Some still felt that they were justified when they started to remember the good times that they had with Luan in the past.

Everywhere where I turn, I hurt someone but there's nothing that I can say to change the things that I've done.

Lori remembered holding Luan when she was brought home..14 years ago and remembered the promise that she will never abandon her and would always have her back no matter what..a promise that was broken over the last couple of weeks which made Lori frown and start to tear a little in sadness.

Of all the  things I hid from you, I can not hide the shame

Luna remembered how Luan cheered her on as she wrote the love letter to her crush Sam. And how she always made her laugh after having a difficult time in school. When she thought about the beat down..her heart started to break because she was close to Luan and she abandoned that bond to get revenge against her.

And I pray someone, something can come to take away the pain

Lynn remembered Luan pranking the girls who bullied her when she was younger. And she even made her smile and tell her everyday that she was a strong confident girl who shouldn't take anything from other people. Lynn tried to stop herself from crying, but it was useless. 

There's no way out of this dark place, No hope no future

Lucy remembered how Luan abandoned her dream to be the youngest person to preform at the Royal Woods Theater. And how she encouraged her to get into the showbiz. Seeing her laying on the ground...lifeless made her start to cry.

I know I can't be free but I can't see another way I can't face another day

Lana remembered how Luan helped her search for Hops when he went missing of years ago. Even when she was coming down with a cold. When she remembered how dead Luan looked prior to her suicide attempt Lana felt sick and disgusted at herself. Why didn't she do something before they pushed her too far? Why didn't they stop this?

Tell me where, did I go wrong..Everyone I loved, they're all gone 

Lola remembered being upset at Lindsay Sweetwater and Luan helped her prank her back. She even took the fall when her parents discovered what occurred to Lindsey. Lola looked at her reflection and turned away in shame....she was ugly. No beautiful person would drive someone this far in regret especially when they attempted suicide a couple of days after she helped post her secrets.

I'd do everything differently, but I can't turn back the time

Lisa remembered Luan cheering her up after she lost a competition. She even helped her loosen up a bit when she noticed how she was about to lose Darcy. Lisa's hands shook when she realized that she was a monster. A monster that drove one of her siblings to the brink and could have possibly killed her by her own selfishness.

There's no shelter from the storm inside of me

As the Loud sisters, remembered..all of them started to cry. Cry because they forgot the positive things that Luan did for them.  And remembered the disappointed and angry faces from their parents, Leni, Lily and Lincoln. 

There's no way out of this dark place, no hope no future 

"W..what have we done?" Lori cried. Her future was in trouble and she knew it...Bobby would break up with her and she would lose her scholarship, but none of that compares to the condition that Luan was in when she was brought into the hospital. 

I know that I can't be free but I can't see another way I can't face another day 

"She helped us out so much, but we did this to her?!" Luna exclaimed. She saw how Luan's life turned to absolute hell..hell that was caused by her part in their revenge scheme.

I can't believe the words I hear it's like an answer to a prayer

"We're the worst sisters ever!" Lynn said as she placed her face into her hands and started to sob uncontrollably.

When I look around I see...This place, this time, this friend of mine

"We're disgusting." Lana said. As she looked down at the ground in shame.

I know it's hard, but you found somehow

"I'm not beautiful...I became ugly. All because I held a grudge." Lola said.

To look into the heart and to forgive me now

"I...no we made fourth eldest sibling units life...a living hell. We should've have stopped, but we were so focused on revenge that we ignored our parental units attempt at waking us up and look at where it got us." Lisa said.

You've given me the strength to see just where my journey ends

"What's worse is that we could've made her hate us." Lori said. No body tried to argue against this idea since it was true. Why wouldn't she hate them? After all...they exposed her secrets and made everyone except for Maggie hate her.

You've given me the strength to carry on

"The only regret is not listening to Mom and Dad. We should've stopped this, but we didn't." Lucy said.

I see the path from this dark place I see my future 

"Hopefully she'll pull through because if she doesn't then..." Luna said before she started to sob.

Your forgiveness has set me free..Oh, and I can see another way

"Hopefully she'll forgive us. But I doubt it." Lori said.

I can face another day!

I see the path, I can see the path..I see the future 

I see the path from this dark place..I see the future 

I see the path, I can see the path..I see the future 

When the police van stopped, all of the Loud sisters hoped that Luan would pull through from their horrible mistake. And so they can ask for forgiveness. Because if they don't...

Then they will spend the rest of their days deep in their own guilt.

Author Notes:

How was the chapter?

Any suggestions?

Bye 👋