16

I step away from the door and look around the room; it is beautiful and cozy, though not fit for a king. The door suddenly opens, and I turn quickly and spot Decker, relief fills me seeing him, instead of Jacob. I fiddle with my nails, and Decker cast a glance to my hands. He then looks back into my eyes. "This is your pack." I bite my lip at his assumption.

"Old pack," I correct, causing Decker to tilt his head. "I noticed you didn't introduce me as your mate." I confront as I cross my arms, Decker smirks at my words as he shrugs. 

"My apologies my love, I thought you didn't want people knowing?" Decker teases, "Though I mostly did it because I figured this was your old pack, I didn't know how comfortable you would be with them knowing, I give you control over who knows here." My eyes widen, at Decker's words though I then narrow them.

"Okay, but they know we share a room, so instead of being your mate, they think I'm your whore," I say coldly as I cross my arms.

"I prefer the term lover, Sin," Decker chuckles, and I roll my eyes at him, the nerve of this man. I sigh as I look at him. 

I start wondering about his mate. I've heard his sister mention something about a mate. What happened to her. He has never mentioned her, of course, I've never mentioned Jacob.

"Decker," I whisper, and Decker looks at me with soft eyes, obviously wondering about the change of my tone. "What happened to your mate?" I ask cautiously. My nerves eat me up as I kick myself for asking the sensitive question so direct. I cringe at my words as I study the sudden shock on Decker's face. 

"My mate." Decker seems to taste the word on his tongue as he looks away. "She was only my mate for a second," My brows furrow at his guarded voice, he sighs as he looks at me. "Her name was Natalie," Decker starts as he looks down slightly. "Our eyes locked at a ball, she quickly came up to me, and as she told me her name, she unknowingly stepped in the path of her brother's bullet, who was trying to assassinate me. The bullet hit her instead of me." 

My eyes widen as I cover my mouth, "Decker, I-I'm so sorry." 

Decker rubs his neck as he shakes his head, "Don't be, It's hard to mourn someone you never knew." Decker whispers, and I swallow harshly. "Her brother is now in a high-end security prison regretting his actions. Something he will do until he dies." Decker explains as he looks deep into my eyes, I open my mouth to say something but Decker beats me to it.

"Destiny is bringing you some clothes; Jacob is throwing a party to celebrate us being here." decker explains as he walks to the closet and opens the door showing a couple of outfits for a man Decker's size; he grabs black slacks and a white button-up. He walks into the bathroom and shuts the door.

Suddenly the bedroom door opens, and I see a scowling Destiny. "Come on, you can get dressed in my room," Destiny grumbles, and I grin, knowing Decker told her to offer her shower. 

"Aw how kind of you Destiny," I say with a smirk causing her to glare harshly at me, she then turns and walks out, and I follow her back to her room. I head to the bathroom as Destiny flops on the bed. 

"I already put clothes in there for you." Destiny grumbles as she looks up at the ceiling while crossing her arms. 

"Oh you are too kind Destiny, how will I ever repay you?" I say, letting the sarcasm drip into my voice. I loudly laugh as I hear her grumble, I shut the door to the bathroom and turn the water on. 

**

I slip on the black bralette and black booty shorts, I smirk at the whorish style Destiny left me. She is trying to set me up; I pull up the skinny tight boots that stop mid-thigh. Challenge accepted, I run a hand through my wet hair, twirling it at the end so that it will dry with a slight curl. I open the door and walk into the bedroom, Destiny smirks as she looks me up and down, she has a cream-colored, off the shoulder top paired with dark jeans and brown ankle boots. "Ready?" Destiny asks as she tries to cover up her smirk.